PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 03:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

del4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Changing the UGLY Yellow Start Highlight Color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryGladys View Post
Yeah, you got it! It looks green in that picture! I was talking about that bar that is highlighting the word TODAY in your screenshot...previously, it was yellow, no? Since then, I just disabled this "feature" and went back to the WM regular Start Bar. I get more stuff on my Start bar that way....

What you are looking for are ACTUAL Manila files. For the notification ball, color, you want to replace the 36eabe92_manila. file...If you go to the first of this post, GoodThingstoLife gives a tutorial for changing the other yellow junk. I posted a zipped file of the Manila files that change the yellow to green a couple posts back. And if you search around on here and XDA-Developers.com, there are many many more.....
Okay, thanks. Somehow I missed the word "Start" in your post and was thinking this was supposed to change the highlight in Manilal. Well, that plus the reg keys are called "ManilaCustomHlDown" and "ManilaCustomHlUp"!

I'll take a look at the files/posts you mentioned and see what I come up with. Thanks!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work
Re: Changing the UGLY Yellow Start Highlight Color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by del4 View Post
Okay, thanks. Somehow I missed the word "Start" in your post and was thinking this was supposed to change the highlight in Manilal. Well, that plus the reg keys are called "ManilaCustomHlDown" and "ManilaCustomHlUp"!

I'll take a look at the files/posts you mentioned and see what I come up with. Thanks!

Hahaha, I kinda figured! For me, the hex codes for blue and brown had to be opposite. Meaning, if I wanted a blue highlight, I had to put a hex code fora brown. Never figured that one out. If I ever rebuild, I will try it out on a virgin phone. Strange strange!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Lurker

seven2k is just getting started
Re: HOW TO: Customize TouchFLO3D / Manila Themes

Hey all,

Thanks for all your work Goodthings you are awesome.

I keep having the issue Raul has. I keep getting that no permission, low memory. I did show hidden files and always disabled the TF3D. Any ideas why? One more thing mod wont change my tf3d at the today screen? I still be able to use all its function at the todayscreen correct?

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I discussed this in post 3... the short answer is that the call history and calendar tabs are pretty pointless since there's no real functionality with them. The communications tab is functional, but there are a lot of issues with the font colors (personally, the two solutions from XDA are less than appealing).

I assume that you did disable/re-enable TouchFLO3D after the change? Beyond that, I've not seen any sign that those can't be changed, but I haven't tested it, so I'm not sure. Try editing 26948339_manila instead.

You didn't disable TouchFLO3D when you copied them to the Windows folder. Start > Settings > Today > Items tab, uncheck TouchFLO3D and try again.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

how to change the Phone and Programs names in the Home Tab? i want to change the Programs to Device Lock. is that possible?

Last edited by PapaDocta; 12-29-2008 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:56 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

[quote=PapaDocta;605637]how to change the Phone and Programs names in the Home Tab? i want to change the Programs to Device Lock. is that possible?[/quote

Should be pretty easy. try AEButton Plus try editig the Manila file for homescreen.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:16 AM
Lurker

anyone have an answer for me PLEASE!! =)
Old 12-30-2008, 12:47 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven2k View Post
anyone have an answer for me PLEASE!! =)

If your using Touch Commander to drop the manilla files in, dont. Use your computer and drop the file in through Active Sync. That's waht worked for me.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Lurker

i am using active sync still same issue
Old 12-31-2008, 12:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, Touch Pro in tow

Mr. Belvedere is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Belvedere Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Belvedere

Never mind...if it was a snake it woulda bit me...so simple!

Last edited by Mr. Belvedere; 12-31-2008 at 12:49 AM. Reason: figured it out on my own
Old 12-31-2008, 08:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc fuze

eidolen is a n00b

Quote:
Changing the Internet Globe Icon or Remove the YouTube Link
For some reason, Manila Editor has a really hard time replacing this graphic. In fact, if you even try, you'll end up with a "white out" effect where the icon belongs. The actual manila files in question are:

Globe: 7d3f1247_manila
Globe Selected: 3f00cd2f_manila

However, until Manila Editor works for this graphic, you might think you're out of luck. Not really... instead of those two files, create your own graphics based on 512x256 dimensions with 96dpi and save them as Globe.png and Globe_Selected.png. Then, edit 27c65cbd_manila instead. Change the code for the entire file to look like this:
I just did a write up on how to edit the Internet Globe files directly using Manila Editor if anyone is interested. No special software and can be done with some basic graphics editing skills. Have a look if you globe loads slowly because of the xml work-around, or you just want to have to deal with xml editing.

You can find it here.

Cheers,
Eidolen
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes