PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HOW TO: Customize TouchFLO3D / Manila Themes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Can I just drop this into the Manilla folder or do I have to go through of the rest steps you outlined above?
Where I have posted cabs/zips, you are welcome to use those, but in most cases you'll have to do the code edits on your own. It's a hassle, but then again, so is Manila, lol.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Is it possible to get WeatherPanel to replace HTC Weather on my weather tab using TF3D? I don't want to go through using ultimatelaunch, throttlelauncher, etc if possible. Having a 2nd today screen with weatherpanel only is the only way I've got it so far.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Not that I've seen documented anywhere. Manila, aside from some text editing and graphic replacements is still very much a "what you see is what you get" interface.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

svargas05 is a n00b
Question Re: HOW TO: Customize TouchFLO3D / Manila Themes

I am so incredibly lost.....

Im hearing of so many tweaks and editors and new themes that require Manila( I dont know what that is either, yet I see it everywhere)

I just need some insight.......
Old 11-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

You're right, it's incredibly confusing, but here's a very brief overview...

Manila is the name of the actual interface that you use on a Diamond or Touch Pro, TouchFLO3D is just the engine that drives it all. So when you're on the Home tab or Favorite People tab, etc, that's Manila.

Manila Editor (as described in Post #4 of this thread) is a PC-based tool that allows you to edit the graphics files that Manila uses.

Diamond TouchFLO3D Config, Diamond Tweak, Advanced Configuration, Advanced Config, and Manila Customizer are all different tools provided by different people that allow you to make specific customizations and registry tweaks that control a number of devices. These are the programs to be cautious of, because they're designed for certain types of devices, but SOME of the tweaks just happen to work for others, so people assume everything works. So far, the only ones that I would consider absolutely safe for the Touch Pro is Diamond TouchFLO3D Config and Manila Customizer.

As for how to actually customize Manila using these tools... that's what this whole thread is about. As I'm sure you've noticed, there is a LOT of reading and playing to do, which means that all of this stuff takes a lot of time as well. But as you play around with things, you'll learn what works best for you, and be able to build on that pretty easily.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

With GoodThings2Life's recommendation, I'm posting my manila files for my current setup. I don't know how this works, but here's a screenshot of my home TouchFlo3D page. I customized my taskbar and softkey bar in dark blue using UITweak and used GoodThings2Life's cab to change the highlight function to the blue he made.

Other things that I have for my theme are
- sprint2flipclock cab
- background4allpages cab
- crystal cab
- nocurtains cab
- custom icons (I think made by darklord from xda) posted by tsowen here (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44293)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Drexappeal Manila Files.zip (100.3 KB, 99 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Hi GT2L,

I'm sorry to be a "difficult customer" but would it be possible for you to create and put up a 3rd version which does everything BUT remove the Sprint TV Tab in TF3D? I'd like to make this my first alteration of my TP interface ever but for me that may be one step too far....

thanks so much for everything.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:29 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
Hi GT2L,

I'm sorry to be a "difficult customer" but would it be possible for you to create and put up a 3rd version which does everything BUT remove the Sprint TV Tab in TF3D? I'd like to make this my first alteration of my TP interface ever but for me that may be one step too far....

I'd like that too

Old 11-19-2008, 12:21 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

What folder do you drop the manilla files into ?
Old 11-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
Hi GT2L,

Sorry, but as I said in the first thread, I'm not making any changes to my packages. I just started a new job, so my time is going to be much more occupied for a while, and well... these theme edits are just not that fun to do on such a large scale, lol. I don't mind documenting quick changes, and I opened this thread in hopes that others would join in as well. You might try asking in the Touch Pro or Touch Diamond forums and linking back to here in hopes people might join in.

In the mean time, I would recommend using the Sprint Manila Blue (not revised) package, and then implementing the rest of the tweaks you want on your own... then, take all of the Manila files on your phone and zip them up into your own zip file for future use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
What folder do you drop the manilla files into ?
To deploy the changes you've made, all of the manila files go back onto the phone in the \Windows folder.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes