PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

parcou is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TF3D Theme issue on Custom Rom..Freeze on Music

Vet's let me run this by you...my research has not found a complete answer...

I have a new vzw Touch Pro on a custom rom (GC 2.14). The issue is not with the rom from what I can see...or tested but with TF3D

The TF3D was build in, cooked in. It has the default look with TF Theme, gray black sliders, icons, no colors, etc...I can move through music, weather, pic no issues.

Issue 1
--------
When I change themes using the diamond TF3D config tool and no matter what theme I pick from those found bundled here (Black Diamond, Vista Theme, etc.) when I go to music and try to FLO/move to another tabs pics, weather, etc. it freezes. If I stay off the music tab, it will never freeze. This is on each theme EXCEPT on the default TF theme. No hangs at all using music on this one. When it locks I have to turn TF off on the TODAY and then turn back on. With the diamond config tool, I click it to restore default to get me back to the custom rom default theme. This seems so small yet I cannot find an answer. Anyone can help me here?

BTW - I have removed the music and add new and different mp3's....same issue. Again never an issue on the default TF theme

Issue 2
--------
Let's ignore the freezing on the Music tab for a moment. When I do use the diamond tf3d config tool and set a different TF theme...let's say Vista. Then I set a background of my choice and use the background4all install the show wallpaper for all my tabs. OK so far good. Now let's go back to the default TF theme mentioned in #1. Using the diamond config tool, I put it back on the default tf3d theme in the custom rom. HOWEVER, it will NOT take the backgound4all and only show the wallpaper I want on the home and not the other tabs. What gives and what am I doing wrong? Why will background4all not work here?

Vet's pls advise...
Old 03-13-2009, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: MTS

PROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuff
Re: TF3D Theme issue on Custom Rom..Freeze on Music

Sounds like the versions of TF3D are not compatible. You see this is my ONE of my issues with the theme manager or [TFconfig tool] And I don't feel this is on any fault of the creators of the tool, just to be clear I am not trying to flame them or this tool... but.... Its just not very practical with all the versions of TF3D that are out now and with all the hundred modifications that you can do to TF3D its almost impossible for a theme to function properly. [this is why on my last 2 themes I stopped packaging .theme files] it just don't work for all the variables that can happen. I now package my themes with a full version of TF3D included and it overwrites everything... I know it sounds impractical but the reality is I can make a theme that works perfectly on the rom I build it on yet on 5 or 6 other roms it fails... by sending it out in a .cab form with the full version of TF3D it removes 95% of all errors and works on 98% of all roms. That I can live with... I hope this helps to shed a bit of light on the issues of themes for you. Since I know you are on a vzw unit and you are somewhat limited on memory and storage, my advice to you would be to find a nice rom with no touchflow in it. There is not lots out there... but there are some. Then look for themes packaged with full TF3D included, and I will almost guarantee you will have far less issues.

http://probex.ca
Putting the X in seXy mobile devices
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

parcou is becoming a great contributor
Re: TF3D Theme issue on Custom Rom..Freeze on Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROBEX View Post
Sounds like the versions of TF3D are not compatible. You see this is my ONE of my issues with the theme manager or [TFconfig tool] And I don't feel this is on any fault of the creators of the tool, just to be clear I am not trying to flame them or this tool... but.... Its just not very practical with all the versions of TF3D that are out now and with all the hundred modifications that you can do to TF3D its almost impossible for a theme to function properly. [this is why on my last 2 themes I stopped packaging .theme files] it just don't work for all the variables that can happen. I now package my themes with a full version of TF3D included and it overwrites everything... I know it sounds impractical but the reality is I can make a theme that works perfectly on the rom I build it on yet on 5 or 6 other roms it fails... by sending it out in a .cab form with the full version of TF3D it removes 95% of all errors and works on 98% of all roms. That I can live with... I hope this helps to shed a bit of light on the issues of themes for you. Since I know you are on a vzw unit and you are somewhat limited on memory and storage, my advice to you would be to find a nice rom with no touchflow in it. There is not lots out there... but there are some. Then look for themes packaged with full TF3D included, and I will almost guarantee you will have far less issues.
This is good info....just wish I had a fix for I can get the music to work or all the backgrounds the same on the default theme

Thx!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes