PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

craig.dozier is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mobile Vista - Wisbar , WAD Skins

hi grzegorz10
i think you shud start telling people that they need an application named "winrar" after downloading the .rar files at the top u will then have a compressed file winrar is just a unzip application if u dont have it on ur main computer the .rar file will download as sheet of paper and u cant open it a box will come up saying windows cannot open this file...
Old 08-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

craig.dozier is a n00b

QUESTION!!!! i have WA1, so wen i download MobileVista.rar and unzip it i get three folders Mobile Vista / WA3 Themes / psShutXP so where do i place the mobile vista folder

thnx
Old 08-21-2008, 05:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Xperia X1
Carrier: ATT

jtoyz2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig.dozier View Post
QUESTION!!!! i have WA1, so wen i download MobileVista.rar and unzip it i get three folders Mobile Vista / WA3 Themes / psShutXP so where do i place the mobile vista folder

thnx
WA1 wont work you need 3 i think 2 might work...mobile vista i believe goes into your theme folder on the root of your main memory...hope that helps
Old 08-22-2008, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD
Carrier: Optus
Threadstarter

grzegorz10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrzegorz10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrzegorz10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrzegorz10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrzegorz10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig.dozier View Post
hi grzegorz10
i think you shud start telling people that they need an application named "winrar" after downloading the .rar files at the top u will then have a compressed file winrar is just a unzip application if u dont have it on ur main computer the .rar file will download as sheet of paper and u cant open it a box will come up saying windows cannot open this file...
The rar ompression format has been around for a long time and in most cases is commonely known about. If you don't have a particular program on your computer, your operating system will allocate a icon which looks like a document, It's only a icon,as your computer does not recognize the file type. The file still comes down as it's meant to not as a document.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPHONE
Carrier: at&t

tmorris52 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to tmorris52 Send a message via Yahoo to tmorris52
Re: Mobile Vista - Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by grzegorz10 View Post
A QVGA Portrait and Lndscape Skin set I Built from the ground up for myself and thought I'd Share!

WAD to be installed in themes/desktop/
Wisbar Adv3 skin

http://www.pocket-pc-visuals.com/MobileVista.rar
http://www.pocket-pc-visuals.com/MobileVistaWAD's.rar

UP AND RUNNING NOW!
I hate to ask this but I get confused with all of these terms like wad and wad to windows advanced etc. Usually it seems like you need two of those apps mentioned. Long story short could you or anyone help me get the ling down and the difference between them all. Thanks a lot.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

grzegorz10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrzegorz10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrzegorz10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrzegorz10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrzegorz10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Mobile Vista - Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorris52 View Post
I hate to ask this but I get confused with all of these terms like wad and wad to windows advanced etc. Usually it seems like you need two of those apps mentioned. Long story short could you or anyone help me get the ling down and the difference between them all. Thanks a lot.
WA is Wisbar Advance and is used to change the bar at the top and bottom of your screen and has extra elements and icons for more information.

WAD is Wisbar Advance Desktop and chamges the whole look of your Desktop on your Mobile and also the way we operate and use it.

For a closer look at these programs just go to http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/pro...WisBarAdvance/

I hope this has made things a little clearer for you.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Lurker

skillz360 is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Mobile Vista - Wisbar , WAD Skins

I got MobileVista up and running the only problem i am having is adding a new desktop icon (Shortcut) - i hold on the screen and the only thing that comes up is a menu with,Remove-Pinned-Cut-Copy-Bring to front-Send to back-Adjust Position-Properties, But when i hold on the "Right Sidebar" i can access the "NEW" Tab and create a "Shortcut on there but not on the "Desktop" any help would be much appreciated.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Rizer is just getting started

Sounds like you have a button that is on top of the whole screen. Need to move it aside or delete it. Hope that helps.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Lurker

skillz360 is a n00b

Ahhh thanks for the help man but im just giving up on it
Old 08-27-2008, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz360 View Post
I got MobileVista up and running the only problem i am having is adding a new desktop icon (Shortcut) - i hold on the screen and the only thing that comes up is a menu with,Remove-Pinned-Cut-Copy-Bring to front-Send to back-Adjust Position-Properties, But when i hold on the "Right Sidebar" i can access the "NEW" Tab and create a "Shortcut on there but not on the "Desktop" any help would be much appreciated.
Just Remove where it says remove and then you will be able to add icons.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes