PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please dont flame I really want to know.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjayorate View Post
i've been experiencing kick *** battery life with the TP2 as compared to my TP.
It has a 1500mah battery. That thing isn't much bigger than the original tp. Maybe they worked out a few kinks with battery power management, but that massive screen isn't gunna help at all. Don't get me wront, the 3.8" screen is fantastic, but the rest of the phone didn't wow me like I was hoping. It was just a baby step from the tp, they phones are like 90% identicle.

IMO the tp2 battery life will suffer once it hits evdo

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
It has a 1500mah battery. That thing isn't much bigger than the original tp. Maybe they worked out a few kinks with battery power management, but that massive screen isn't gunna help at all. Don't get me wront, the 3.8" screen is fantastic, but the rest of the phone didn't wow me like I was hoping. It was just a baby step from the tp, they phones are like 90% identicle.

these are my feelings exactly! can't really see the tp2 being better battery-wise when it's basically a tp1 with a bigger screen. has to be murder on a battery!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Sandlord

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

OP - You also have to keep in mind the disparity in plan rates for what you'll need with either phone. With Sprint, you get $99/month for EVERYTHING unlimited (less if you can wrangle a discount out somewhere, EVPDiscount's basic rate drops 15% off your bill, if you qualify) AT&T charges $130 for the same plan. Multiply that times a two year contract, and you just tacked on $720 to the price of your "cheaper" iPhone.

So to recap:

iPhone: $99 for a REFURB plus $720 in increased plan costs = $819 for your phone
T Pro2: $599 MINUS a heavy discount for the same two year contract (best estimates I've heard are $249-$349 on contract) plus a cheaper rate plan.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Tack on the fact that I detest Apple's elitist policies and it really TRULY becomes no choice at all for me.

I just wish Sprint would get off their rumps and release the damn thing already.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:57 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:

It's only 3.6" brotherman. Disappointing nonetheless. It just sounds good on paper but if U see it, The wow factor will jump out the window b4 U realize it.3.8 inch like the Touch HD? I'll be all over that. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
It's only 3.6" brotherman. Disappointing nonetheless. It just sounds good on paper but if U see it, The wow factor will jump out the window b4 U realize it.3.8 inch like the Touch HD? I'll be all over that. LOL
man, i don't know why in the world i thought it was 3.8... i remember reading somewhere and seeing that the diamond2 screen was smaller than the TP2, so i guess my mind just jumped to 3.8... oh well, thanks for clearin that up brotha.

you are absolutely correct on the wow factor... the phone is nothing but a touch pro, just larger and lil sexier. it performs the same unfortunately

BUT, unlike Sprint, T-mobile didn't butcher the OS with needless apps and such... its actually fairly smooth... laggy when flippin through programs, pages and stuff, but the TF3D doesn't hickup like the sprints diamond and TP.

Tried it out and the verdict is....

puff, puff... PASS.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:10 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
man, i don't know why in the world i thought it was 3.8... i remember reading somewhere and seeing that the diamond2 screen was smaller than the TP2, so i guess my mind just jumped to 3.8... oh well, thanks for clearin that up brotha.

you are absolutely correct on the wow factor... the phone is nothing but a touch pro, just larger and lil sexier. it performs the same unfortunately

BUT, unlike Sprint, T-mobile didn't butcher the OS with needless apps and such... its actually fairly smooth... laggy when flippin through programs, pages and stuff, but the TF3D doesn't hickup like the sprints diamond and TP.

Tried it out and the verdict is....

puff, puff... PASS.
YAYYYY! it passed!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
YAYYYY! it passed!
haha... yeah the FCC, but not its way into my lungs, i mean, heart.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison