PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with a decision

Hey guys, Im getting paid here soon and I cant decide: Should I get the Touch Pro1 or wait till TP2 which could be awhile away? Im with verizon and thats what stops me from buying the TP1 right now is the gimping of the phone. Do you think they will do that to the TP2 or even if theyre getting the TP2? Idk I like the keyboard on the first one more. I know, I havent had a chance to mess with tthe second ones keyboard but I can just tell. Also anyone have an estimated price of the TP2? I am only willing to spend about 600....Oh and I mean without contract.

***ZEBRAPPC***

zebra cases are for L337 pimps.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Help with a decision

I'd say hold out for the TP2 and hope for the best. I'm also thinking about a new device and am with VZW (and switching to Sprint is not an option), but the TP is a trainwreck of a device and I don't care much for the Omnia's onscreen keyboard. Almost at the point where a BB is looking good.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:51 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Almost at the point where a BB is looking good.
WOAH!! I think you need to take a step back and review that last statement very closely.

(unless you ment BeerBong, then that ok )

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-17-2009, 02:56 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well, It depends on how long it will be before the PRO2 comes out, Ive not heard a definate date only rumors or hopes, and I do alot of searching on it.

Lets be real though, If they were both out of course buy the TP2, but is it worth holding out for maybe months? THe tp2 has a bigger screen and thats about it. I like the keyboard on the pro1 also better because the buttons are butted together and great for me, IMO the more it takes to travel, the slower the typing will be. IMO.

We, know not much about battery life but it seems to be about the same due to the larger screen that the 1500 mah battery will power. So it should equal out imo.

You lose the flash. Just yesterday I used it to take a naked pic of my girl in the dark.lol and to find a bolt by my car in the dark. (i love it.)

The speakers are great on the tp2, but why put them on the back like the original touch? It muffled the sound when layed flat.

And to make the screen bigger, that thing is pretty big, I dont know how well it would fit in the pocket.

same ram/rom same processer, same same same, what the?

SO, if ya gotta wait for a pro2, I say get the tp1, if the tp2 is already out, why not get the bigger screen if thats what ya looking for.

Last edited by Dragon2; 06-17-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
I'd say hold out for the TP2 and hope for the best. I'm also thinking about a new device and am with VZW (and switching to Sprint is not an option), but the TP is a trainwreck of a device and I don't care much for the Omnia's onscreen keyboard. Almost at the point where a BB is looking good.

With the updated/hacked Rom i heard the Storm is actually a wonderful device to own.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

go with the tp1.
verizon wont get the tp2 for another year or so,
and wth nfsfans optimization on the drivers/dll's,
you cant go wrong!
i just got the alltel tp1, and its not gimped.
its kinda strange since they are owned by verizon and have been for a few years now. i woulda thought it had been gimped.
but i got it for 80with a renewal.
its a good upgrade from my vogue (IMO)
and with nfsfans roms ill be able to keep it till a yr or so from now ehen we get the wm7 phones.
plus the fact that the tp2 not in a contract costs like 800,
thats just ridiculous for me to spend when thats half of my dui fine i have left.lol

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison