PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf
Why Is It That We Wanna Make Our Phones..

Everytime a new fone comes out everbody wants the touch pro to do the same thing !! We have one of the best phones out .... period . If you want a pre go buy one. Sorry just having one of those days !! Second thread of the day.... but really. iphone this pre that blackberry what not... i dnt knw im just saying. i love the ones who put effort into wm phones.... others !?!? f### !!!! again sorry im taking up space but Sh## arent they ??
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Why Is It That We Wanna Make Our Phones..

yeah i know. i hate people that buy the touch pro and all they want is for it to look like the iphone. then why didnt you just BUY AN IPHONE? lol makes sense doesnt it?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work

Cause Sprint doesn't have the i phone or they would have it....LOL. Just kidding all.

Thank god for my Scotch and Irish blood!
Blow'em Up, Shoot'em Down', Make'em ALL Hug The Ground!
Know your rights! Don't let the beaurocrats make your choices. Remember "For the people, by the people"
Old 06-16-2009, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

Sh0wNuF34 is just getting started

because that is what makes our touch pro's so amazing...we can have the functionality of windows mobile with the interface of pretty much any phone out there or an interface unlike any ever seen...people ask if we can get an interface from different phones like the iphone so when we meet those people who think that the iphone is the ultimate phone we can say that our phone can do what yours can but your phone can't do what mine can.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Well mainly because why stop at the interface that you are given; I personally don't like the iphone interface, however it does make our developers extend their horizons and create other options. Instead of hating the people asking for apps or interfaces from other phones you should be thanking them because without a following such as this we wouldn't have many of the options for apps that we have now. We do have one of the best phones out but technology is always progressing so we might as well progress with it.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:48 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

we want options. why do you think we actually want windows mobile. we want the latest software, because its software... and our phones, yup... run software. so when something new comes out, that seems functional, and pretty, we hope that we too have the option to run it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Well keep in mind that we can make our TP act just like an Iphone yet do everything else the iphone cannot. It is just another way we can tease the fanboys.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 06-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

I agree, our phone can do just about anything imaginable...and all from the help of those here in this forum...I salute all PPCGEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Think of it this way...

You get an iPhone, you're pretty much restricted to the iPhone interface
You get a Touch Pro, you have no restrictions to the interface. Your phone can look like whatever phone you want.

There's no reason to get frustrated at others because of their personal preference.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Apple’s iPhone is currently the Model-T of smartphones, by which I mean that you get a limited choice of designs and colors, not that it is old. You can have any color as long as it’s black or white, and any size as long as it is the one size offered (granted, you can choose capacity, but a “line” of phones, it isn’t). You can also have any carrier in the US, as long as it is AT&T, and you can run any application, as long as it doesn’t create a creative problem for AT&T or Apple. In effect, with respect to applications and competition, it is like someone took a lot of the complaints folks have made about Microsoft, and wrapped them up into an Apple strategy. Of the three companies, Apple is the most limited. Strangely enough, its device is also the most desired, which is a credit to Apple’s design and execution, but probably suggests some of us are giving up our freedoms too easily.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 06-16-2009 at 10:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison