PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

drunkinmonk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pre or Iphone

I have had sprint for 10 yrs now, last 3 yrs with seros f&f 500. Love the plan. My smart phones experience start with the mogul, touch now the diamond. I was hooked with a smartphone starting with the mogul all the things i could do with it but still it was so bulky traded it for the touch. The touch was almost perfect. Then the diamond came out with vga, accelerometer and thats the only 2 things that was really different the my touch. I thought I was upgrading but felt more of a downgrade. I use to have fun flashing roms installing programs but I stopped once I got to the diamond. Main reason is OMJ hasnt had a new rom for diamond yet. Also, I sick of trying different roms to find out theres a small bug, researching fixing, loading contacts other apps..etc...
I thought about going back to the touch then i heard the pre was coming out. I was willing to wait but now I cant get the pre on my seros plan and if I did I pay retail I dont qualify for the upgrade yet.
So I am gonna keep my diamond and seros but that phone accnt I will give to my son. I am going with at and t and the iphone 3gs. I normallly had to carry an ipod touch and the diamond and now I can just carry one device that meets my needs.
If and when sprint lets me upgrade to another phone or the pre gets mature and on its 3 gen. I might give my at and t accnt and 3gs to my son the go with the new sprint phone.
So sprints not losing me but losing a second line and at and t gaining a new customer. Win win for all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tocu pro
Threadstarter

number32 is a n00b

I see what you all are saying and after another day of messing with the pre its not as bad as i thoght. but i write a TON of texts and emails a day and i have bigger hands and fingers and the keyboard is a defenite turn off. what all of your takes on the keyboard alone. If anyone is intrestered i think imma sell my pre pretty soon here so you can hit me up in a Email tylernelson@gopolyfootball.com or a PM. I think i mma just upgrade to the iphone 3gs and the touch pro 2 and get rid of the pre
Old 06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Let's all chill like a bunch of Fonzie's!!!

late,
Coz
Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

aye aye coz

Old 06-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I text message and email a lot. I was really nervous about the keyboard as I also have big hands/fingers. Because of the shape/style of the keys, typing was actually a lot smoother transition than I expected and I can now type on it quickly and accurately.

The larger issue, actually, was learning how to old a portrait style keyboard properly. At first I constantly felt like I was going to drop the phone as I typed and it did take a while to get used to holding it properly. I did get used to it though, and now I love it.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison