PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dumping my DIamond for the Pre

Anyone else excited as I am to dump their Diamonds for the Pre? After watching reviews on the sucker I'm pretty excited. July 1st i'm available for upgrade.. so I guess I'll get to see some real world reviews before I buy. Capacitive touch is #1 .. Battery life is #2, larger screen is #3, Kinoma/Slinplayer/Pandora #3 ..
I think my biggest issue is I'll save alot more time not loading roms and customizing every several days. I will probably be annoyed visiting the ppcgeeks site and seeing all the little apps and customizations I won't be doing on the Pre. Is there a pregeeks site?
Old 06-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Dumping my DIamond for the Pre

no, I personally would rather have a winmo phone then palms OS
Old 06-05-2009, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: SPRINT/SERO

yaco is just getting started

Just be careful cuz the Palm PRE requires the Everything Plan with data and it will not work with the older/cheaper SERO...

Hopefully someone will figure out a way around it... :P
Old 06-05-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
no, I personally would rather have a winmo phone then palms OS
AGREED, if anything i would get that phone for the wife.. but with the palm os your gonna have limits because its so new.. i gotta say im more psyched about the diamond 2 than the pre, im my opinion the pre is a little to pretty for me.. im not a fan of the curves.. holdin a diamond2 in my hands, yeah.. ill feel like tha man..

Old 06-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond

jferg021 is a n00b

Good luck getting one when your upgrade comes around, there only putting out around 30,000 for the first run. I don't think they will have any left when July 1st comes around
Old 06-05-2009, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

I am much more excited for the TD2 and the TP2 than the Pre. Although I have had some thoughts about jumping ship from WinMo to BB or Symbian, and even considered WebOS for a minute. I just can't imagine not having the freedom that WM gives us. For me it looks like it was just a phase...take a look at the Touch Pro2 tri0xinn. It's supposed to be out before July as well. I think it will give you everything you like about the Pre and you won't have to lose the community of PPCGeeks. Plus, the TP2 is much less girly looking than the Pre.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
Old 06-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

To everyone who has mentioned that they are more excited about the new WM phone releases over the pre (TP2, TD2, CDMA HD (maybe)) I could not agree more. I would much rather have a winmo than a palm os phone. Thats me though. I have thought about getting the pre for my fiance though, I'm sure she'd love it and that would give me a chance to play with it as well.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Zyphlin is keeping up the good workZyphlin is keeping up the good work

I'm starting to grow sick of WinMo...jumping from the Diamond to the Palm Pre most likely, first time leaving WinCE/PPC/WinMo in a decade.

(oh, and its WebOS people. Its WebOS. Calling it Palm OS is like calling Windows mobile WinCE)
Old 06-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

lol @ everyone getting the Pre for their wife, I was actually thinking the same, to me it just seems like a "chick phone"
Old 06-05-2009, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pre
Threadstarter

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work

It's all about capacitive to me.. thats most of the reason.. resistive is garbage and annoying. I know the diamond2 is supposed to be way better but it's still resistive.. and maybe I'll give it a try before, but I figure the Pre is a good combo of Winmo and Iphone. Tons of 3rd party apps and easier to use. If you haven't seen the review videos on precentral they do a pretty convincing job. The only thing I'm gonna really miss from my Diamond/winmo is the tethering. Other than that all I'm trying to do with my Diamond all the time is try to make it more user friendly.. be it interface.. battery life... and after 6 months with it I'm not really any closer.. still loading roms on a weekly basis.. and still always trying 3rd party apps.. the only apps that have lasted the test of time are kinoma and slingplayer
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison