PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 10:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

emartinez13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro or BB Curve

I just recently signed up for Sprint and so far i'm loving the better reception versus metroPCS. I got the BB Curve when I signed up since I got it so cheap, its an ok device and I really love the push e-mail but I kind of miss my TP. I'm thinking of returning the Curve since I have 30 days to try it out and just activating my TP on Sprint. The only thing that is kinda holding me back is the battery life between the two...The curve is superior in that aspect, but that's pretty much it as far as i'm concerned. (Windows Mobile > Blackberry OS)

If I do end up changing back to the TP how can I get Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, and the Software store on my phone since i'm running Mighty Rom? I'm also thinking of signing up for Seven for push email, anyone ever try that? Thanks for any input.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sp0nge is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to sp0nge Send a message via MSN to sp0nge Send a message via Yahoo to sp0nge Send a message via Skype™ to sp0nge
Talking Re: Touch Pro or BB Curve

"battery life is poor in comparison" = know that going in
"Sprint Navigation"= yes
"Sprint TV" = Yes
"Software store" = Unknown but should work
"Seven" = never tried it

Hope this helps!!
One thing I'll say is something like this really comes down to personal preference. The Curve is a solid phone with no real known issues. I like WM just because its so versatile and fun to change up. If you like to tinker with stuff like I do, go to the PRO
Old 05-10-2009, 10:48 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

emartinez13 is a n00b
Re: Touch Pro or BB Curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp0nge View Post
"battery life is poor in comparison" = know that going in
"Sprint Navigation"= yes
"Sprint TV" = Yes
"Software store" = Unknown but should work
"Seven" = never tried it

Hope this helps!!
One thing I'll say is something like this really comes down to personal preference. The Curve is a solid phone with no real known issues. I like WM just because its so versatile and fun to change up. If you like to tinker with stuff like I do, go to the PRO

I LOVE to tinker with stuff! and that's the only thing I can't stand about the Curve. If stay with the Curve then no more rom flashing, tinkering with settings
Old 05-10-2009, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVo
Carrier: J-Skee Mobility

jskee35 is keeping up the good workjskee35 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jskee35 Send a message via Yahoo to jskee35

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartinez13 View Post
I LOVE to tinker with stuff! and that's the only thing I can't stand about the Curve. If stay with the Curve then no more rom flashing, tinkering with settings
I too am having this dilemma. I have a curve and a touch pro but I'm torn between the two. I have mighty5 runnin also. The flashing is fun though and very addictive. If I had to choose between the two I would go with the pro because come on what's better than flashing? Lol
Old 05-10-2009, 11:35 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

emartinez13 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskee35 View Post
I too am having this dilemma. I have a curve and a touch pro but I'm torn between the two. I have mighty5 runnin also. The flashing is fun though and very addictive. If I had to choose between the two I would go with the pro because come on what's better than flashing? Lol
You're totally right, I love the thrill of getting a new rom and testing it out, I feel more at home with windows mobile than with the blackberry os, also the curve doesn't support evdo rev a, so the internet is a bit slower than it would be with the TP. I think the scales are tipping more in favor for the TP despite the battery life issues.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

emartinez13 is a n00b

Ok, I just called Sprint to take off the BB and to put on my Touch Pro but they're telling me that since my TP is from Alltel that I cannot activate it with them?!?! What gives?? I could have sworn that i've read other threads from people that have done it before. She said the esn is not in their system. What should I do?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:37 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartinez13 View Post
Ok, I just called Sprint to take off the BB and to put on my Touch Pro but they're telling me that since my TP is from Alltel that I cannot activate it with them?!?! What gives?? I could have sworn that i've read other threads from people that have done it before. She said the esn is not in their system. What should I do?
There is where Sprint really messes things up and she is right - if it is not a sprint phone then you cannot use it.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Moved to the proper forum.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 05-10-2009, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work

You might have had it backwards, many other carriers will activate Sprint phones on their networks, but everything I have seen has always said that Sprint WILL NOT activate ANY phone that they did not originally sell.

Only way is to sell you TP as many can use it on other carriers, and then use the money to buy the Sprint Touch Pro.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

emartinez13 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman002 View Post
You might have had it backwards, many other carriers will activate Sprint phones on their networks, but everything I have seen has always said that Sprint WILL NOT activate ANY phone that they did not originally sell.

Only way is to sell you TP as many can use it on other carriers, and then use the money to buy the Sprint Touch Pro.
I guess I did have it all backwards, anyways, problem solved. I went to Best Buy and returned my BB Curve and picked up the Sprint TP, I went ahead and paid the 299, I figured I could just sell my other TP on Craigslist. I know it will go fast since alot of people have metroPCS around here, so I really won't be losing out on any money if I get what i'm asking for. Thanks for all the replies

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison