PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

vrzsuxppcrocks is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question should I buy Omnia or HCT pro? help me decide!

Im about to buy a pda and im deciding between Omnia and htc pro. which one do you think is better and how are they diffenrent and better then the other?
Old 04-25-2009, 06:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dtkeith is just getting started
Re: should I buy Omnia or HCT pro? help me decide!

HTC Pro? Touch Pro? on Verizon?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

I'd suggest you post this over in the Phone Comparison forum for greater viewing pleasure

Old 04-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I played with the omnia, but I own a Pro. And the main reason I like my Pro more is the 640 by 480 res screen. Omia has a slightly bigger screen but lower resolution. So when you look at both side by side you cant help moticing how much sharper the pro image is.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dtkeith is just getting started

Omnia is nice, but I think I would go with the TP. The large, crisp screen, TF3D, and personally, I like the form factor a LOT more.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Can you hear me now

mduran2288 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkeith View Post
Omnia is nice, but I think I would go with the TP. The large, crisp screen, TF3D, and personally, I like the form factor a LOT more.
If you are going with the verizon tp then i would really look at it is really crippled compared to the sprint version thats why i went with the omnia
Old 04-27-2009, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael / Vogue / Rhodium W
Carrier: Vzw

dehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduran2288 View Post
If you are going with the verizon tp then i would really look at it is really crippled compared to the sprint version thats why i went with the omnia
Yes, it is crippled compared to the Sprint version of the Touch Pro, but compared to the Omnia? lets see:

VZW Omnia VZW Touch Pro Difference
Ram: 128 192 64 (3-4 apps running)
Screen: 3.2" 2.8" .4" not even a half inch
Res: 400x240 640x480 (400x240 is LESS than Half VGA )
Rom: 8 GB 512MB (Meh, I use a 8GB Micro SD anyhow, lol)

Before you balk at 64 MB ram, think about the difference between running a 4-6MB pagepool, or a 10-16 MB pagepool. BIG difference.

Now, about the CPU, it is 624Mhz on the Omnia, but the speed gets degraded to 400Mhz unless are running 3D or Video. So, all the other apps on your phone will be running slower. The touch pro? Runs at full speed all the time. I turn off my screen when i am not using my phone. And I use my phone quite a bit during the day. It is 3PM, I am at work, and my battery is at 50%, so it can be managed.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

And no unlocked gps on the omnia yet.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: US Cellular

vpr5703 is just getting started

I agree with Drew. I have a TP on US Cell and my mom has an Omnia on Verizon. From what I've seen in the forums, if you are looking for pure tweaking power and a LOT of capabilities, the Pro is the better way to go. And side by side, as others have said as well, the screens are WORLDS apart. Mine is sharp and crisp, even with the higher res on a smaller display. My mom's is nowhere near as crisp. The GPS is another big issue. I love being able to use any mapping application I want to without paying for it. The Onmia is locked onto A-GPS (for now) and as a result can only use VZNavigator, which for a smartphone, for lack of a better word, sucks.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I thought the Omnia GPS was unlocked with a ROM flash at this point??

No matter really, a co-worker of mine has an Omnia & the TP I use is way better in a lot of ways.

Now, this isn't a completely fair statement as I use a Sprint TP on the Verizon network, but I would still pick the TP even if I had to go with the "crippled version"

Another co-worker of mine has that VZ TP & running scrosler's excellent ROM it works just fine (& the screen blows away the Omnia)

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 04-29-2009 at 11:18 AM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison