PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: BB Battery Life VS WinMo Battery Life
Blackberry still kicks the crap out of a Windows Mobile phone 18 29.03%
Windows Mobile phones have better battery life now 5 8.06%
They are about even 7 11.29%
Who the heck cares!! 32 51.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BB Battery Life VS WinMo Battery Life

Ok, so tradionally, BlackBerry phones would kick the crap out of Windows Mobile phones in battery life.

Not sure what kind of answer I would get here, cause most of us are Windows Mobile ADDICTS!!

But, now that Blackberry has started to put some horsepower in their phones (Storm has a touch screen, Bold has a 600+ Mhz cpu, etc) has this affected their battery life?

How big is the gap now between Windows Mobile and BlackBerry battery life?

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: BB Battery Life VS WinMo Battery Life

having just acquired the 8350i, i must admit that htc is seriously lacking. with my pro, i listen to music with some text and net use and i get maybe 10 hrs. i abused the heck outta the bb and still had 65%(i'm talking games,browsing the net for 1 hr, phone calls,gps,pic mail, etc) but before anyone starts anything, i'm winmo!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
having just acquired the 8350i, i must admit that htc is seriously lacking. with my pro, i listen to music with some text and net use and i get maybe 10 hrs. i abused the heck outta the bb and still had 65%(i'm talking games,browsing the net for 1 hr, phone calls,gps,pic mail, etc) but before anyone starts anything, i'm winmo!

LOL, yeah i dont want anyone to start a flame war, I'm just curious as to the kind of impact the newer BB hardware may have on battery life.

-s
Old 04-16-2009, 07:24 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I think some of it comes down to touch screen vs. non-touch screen.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 04-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

i'll say this: if htc gets a phone with the call quality and battery life that the bb has, watch out lol!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Hoping that we can have some storm users chime in, I'm wondering if that big ol touchscreen has an impact on BB vs WM battery life.

-s
Old 04-16-2009, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
Hoping that we can have some storm users chime in,
I'll check with my boss, he has a Storm (& he loves it, but he's never had a WinMo phone)

~John
Old 04-16-2009, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO 4G, EVO3D
Carrier: sprint

madcowmilau is becoming a great contributor

blackberry sucks, thats why i got rid of mine. Win Mo gives us options
Old 04-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowmilau View Post
blackberry sucks, thats why i got rid of mine. Win Mo gives us options
here we go lol!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

is the nextel curve the same as the sprint curve?
as the os in general.!
what about hardware?

and yes bb have way better battery than us, cuz i used to have a curve and is used to last me 2 full days...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison