PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Diamond, Mogul, BlackBerry Curve 8330
Carrier: Sprint

desairs is keeping up the good workdesairs is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it time to move on?

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I really don't know what to do. I have a TP and a Diamond and I'm really tired of flashing roms and dealing with problems. Also, the battery life sucks on botch phones and my phone dies before the day is over. I just bought a Black Berry on EBay just to try out. Does anyone know if the 8330 is any better then the TP and Diamond.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

tntsniper is just getting started
Re: Is it time to move on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desairs View Post
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I really don't know what to do. I have a TP and a Diamond and I'm really tired of flashing roms and dealing with problems. Also, the battery life sucks on botch phones and my phone dies before the day is over. I just bought a Black Berry on EBay just to try out. Does anyone know if the 8330 is any better then the TP and Diamond.
I agree, it does get old flashing and reflashing all the time.. I mean it seems like every rom has quarks and problems.. Its like when somethigns fixed, a huge other problem occurs.. Don't get me wrong, I love flashing, but not once a week.. It takes a good 45-1hr outta my life a week lol..
Old 04-05-2009, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond & Touch Pro

mizzle80 is becoming a great contributor

it all depends on preference, really...i've had just about every blackberry on the market except the newest one on verizon and i liked them just as much as the pro and the diamond...like you said the battery life is much worse on the tp and diamond, but its a price you have to pay for a winmo phone...best advice is to try out the blackberry and decide whats best for you
Old 04-05-2009, 09:21 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had one for about 2 weeks and I would just like to say, YAWN! I was really excited to get my 8330 I had fun with it for about a week but its lack of processor speed really killed it for me just couldnt keep up with what I wanted to do.

Moving this to the Phone comparison forum
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

i too tried a bb curve for 29 days. booooring.... to me it was not better that one of my old flip phones. but, it battery life and out of the box stability is what you are looking for, then the blackberry is for you. i personally like flashing ner roms 2 or 3 times a week. but thats my thing...

[
Old 04-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TynT

gyrl1214 is a n00b

Funny, I was just looking at a Blackberry and considering switching to the Bold, but is the battery life really better than WinMo phones? and I don't know if I feel like learning a new OS - I suspect I'm going to spend hours trolling for programs and customizing it differently every week etc.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond & Touch Pro

mizzle80 is becoming a great contributor

to me the batteries for blackberrys are outstanding...i used to be able to go 2-3 days with heavy usage without charging it, 3-4 with minimum usage

Last edited by mizzle80; 04-05-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sorge is becoming a great contributor

I just dont think the Blackberry, atleast the 8330 curve, would have the "wow" factor to replace a diamond or pro. They are real simple to use devices, but.... idk everytime I sell a curve it feels so just boring. Really wait for the palm pre if you dont like the pro, it has the wow factor and I bet it will be super user friendly.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Dell Axim 51v
Carrier: MetroPCS

fdbryant3 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

As for flashing ROM's would have to be curious about the problems. I've flashed a couple ROMs now and haven't had a problem with any of them. Eventually I settled on one and used it for months.

Anyway as for Blackberry vs Touch Pro. I've never used a Blackberry but every time I research it, it always just seemed limited when compared to other smartphones. That said Blackberry's are very popular among those who use them. They are good at what they do. Whether they meet your needs and wants is for you to decide.

What you really need to do is construct a list of things you need and/or want the Blackberry to do and then research the phone to see if it can do those things.

Personally though I'll just keep my TP and buy a charger for my car.

Last edited by fdbryant3; 04-05-2009 at 10:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison