PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ALL WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1+5+beta21319?
Carrier: SPRINT CUSTOM ROM BOYIE

BlackOceaN is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Thinking about Blackberry Storm?

Hey just at bj today and they where offering the verizon blackberry storm $199 for two with a $60 dollar credit first bill. Now i was very interested but decided to wait does anyone have any feedback on this pda? i will thank everyone that has the time to answer on this device...
Old 03-21-2009, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sorge is becoming a great contributor
Re: Thinking about Blackberry Storm?

cnet.com wasn't too kind on it, but I know some people who like it. Personally don't like blackberrys
Old 03-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

gangmobb is keeping up the good workgangmobb is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOceaN View Post
Hey just at bj today and they where offering the verizon blackberry storm $199 for two with a $60 dollar credit first bill. Now i was very interested but decided to wait does anyone have any feedback on this pda? i will thank everyone that has the time to answer on this device...
i read a post on here bout someone who had it and said it was nice and al but they got bored of it because of what you can do to a ppc but not to a pda. to me it looks nice and all but i love customizing my diamond =D also here in my area you get a STORM and you get another blackberry free at verizon..
Old 03-21-2009, 11:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Something to know about the BB is that it uses a 3rd party server to route email, where WinMo devices do not. If this third party server takes a dive, as it did a few times last year (one of which was a world wide outage), there's nothing you or your ISP/corporate IT folks can do to get the mail going again. You're both totally dependent on how fast RIM gets that server back up

Old 03-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

I just think that if you like being able to set up your phone to be "your phone" you should stay with Winmo, you can even run BB's Suit on the PPC's. IMHO
Old 03-21-2009, 11:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Windsponge is just getting started

I had one and sent it back...Didnt work well at all..Omnia and IPhone by far better. Even with software update camera was junk. Many problems..Just so you know touch pro on verizon not much better... Omnia is best verizon has at moment.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison