PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to gimme5
Re: no more touch pro

You could also sell it on Ebay, buy a Mogul, and make a little profit...

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 03-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

Do NOT trade it!!!! Don't get me wrong, I totally LOVED my Mogul. I just came up on a Touch Pro less than a week ago and daaaaamn I'm in love. I don't know how/why I held out this long. I missed the buttons for the first couple days, mainly the scroll wheel, side OK button and Start button but I got used to it and I don't even miss them anymore. Keep the Touch Pro, through on a custom ROM and software you liked from your Mogul and I'm sure you'll fall in love as I did! Good luck!
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 03-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

I loved my Mogul too and when it died they upgraded me to the Touch Pro and I don't think about my Mogul any more, the increase in memory is alone enough to keep it. Another great feature is that with Word Mobile you can spell check your messages and post before your send them, awsome feature that I love [hint, hint. ]
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 03-16-2009, 01:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I loved my old xv6800 (Titan/Mogul) VZ phones. If they had double or triple the amount of free memory I would still be using them.

I now have three TouchPro's. I still would absolutely love to have some of the Titan features back (scroll, windows key, internet button etc etc etc). Like the OP, I actually preferred the size/form factor etc of the Titan also (I even like the Titan hardware KB better, although now that I use TouchPal I never use the hardware KB at all). That being said, after getting used to a phone that doesn't need oxios run 10 times a day I would never go back..............

~John
Old 03-16-2009, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

I switched over from the mogul last week and I'm not going back. As others have said, the lack of h/w buttons is a minus, but not having to deal with ram issues is a huge plus. I could understand having issue with the battery life, but the physical size? The TP is slightly narrower, but in every other dimension including screen, they're the same. Good luck finding a mogul. There are no more new units and I haven't seen anyone post lately about getting a refurb that didn't have the white spot on the screen. The last refurb Sprint gave me was awful.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ToUcH PrO(free from sprint)
Threadstarter

datboybrian is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to datboybrian Send a message via MSN to datboybrian

i had my tp from day one i lov th phone but its not fa me

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison