PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

platniumrover is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to platniumrover Send a message via Yahoo to platniumrover
Instinct & G1 Smoother Interfaces???

What gives?? Ive had ppc's since the 6600, but im starting to get a little jealous that everone else has a phone that moves smoothly. From the scrolling to just opening and closing programs. Ive done the tweaks, but there still is a lag when doing little things like scrolling thru pictures. U touch and flick then wait a sec then it moves. I guess if u never touch another phone to compare it with such as the i phone u wont never really care. Why cant I just have the best of both worlds??? lol. The g1 has a nice touch interface...cant even that the touch and the g1 are from the same makers. And this picturemail program is horrible. LAAAGGGGYYYY as I dunno what. Ive always kept my ppc's really basic bc Im a functional person, but now its slowing me down when I have a bunch of things im trying to accomplish quickly with it and Im sitting here waiting for the phone. If they dont hurry with an update or something im really feeling like im going to have to step down in phone status just to step up in functionality. And come on...the instinct???shesh. Made me feel ashamed almost....its like a civic beating a Porsche. Kinda left me standing there like what happened?

VM4500
PPC-6600
PPC-6700
6800/Mogul
Touch Pro
Old 03-01-2009, 01:27 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: Instinct & G1 Smoother Interfaces???

Quote:
Originally Posted by platniumrover View Post
What gives?? Ive had ppc's since the 6600, but im starting to get a little jealous that everone else has a phone that moves smoothly. From the scrolling to just opening and closing programs. Ive done the tweaks, but there still is a lag when doing little things like scrolling thru pictures. U touch and flick then wait a sec then it moves. I guess if u never touch another phone to compare it with such as the i phone u wont never really care. Why cant I just have the best of both worlds??? lol. The g1 has a nice touch interface...cant even that the touch and the g1 are from the same makers. And this picturemail program is horrible. LAAAGGGGYYYY as I dunno what. Ive always kept my ppc's really basic bc Im a functional person, but now its slowing me down when I have a bunch of things im trying to accomplish quickly with it and Im sitting here waiting for the phone. If they dont hurry with an update or something im really feeling like im going to have to step down in phone status just to step up in functionality. And come on...the instinct???shesh. Made me feel ashamed almost....its like a civic beating a Porsche. Kinda left me standing there like what happened?
You can always opt for a cutom ROM? A couple of friends of mine have the Touch Pro too. And when they look at how my phone is tricked out and the tweaks I used from the essential thread to make my phone run even better, they were extremely jealous.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

platniumrover is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to platniumrover Send a message via Yahoo to platniumrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
You can always opt for a cutom ROM? A couple of friends of mine have the Touch Pro too. And when they look at how my phone is tricked out and the tweaks I used from the essential thread to make my phone run even better, they were extremely jealous.
I thought about that, the most successful rom I had on my mogul was Chem's rom. But if imma do that I might as well wait for wm 6.5 to be finished. Unless it already is...I havent check in a while.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

platniumrover is a n00b

But either way, for six hundred and some change it should be doing everything right short of sorting my laundry.. shouldn't have to pay and work.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:34 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

tp and instinct shouldnt be spoken in the same breath. i had a instinct for about 3 hours ans gave it to my mom. its junk imo, cant so nothing on that thing as far as customization. go be one of those babys and report back. have you used the hd port on your tp? thats fast with no lag. try that if you havent. instinct lol
Old 03-01-2009, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

platniumrover is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
tp and instinct shouldnt be spoken in the same breath. i had a instinct for about 3 hours ans gave it to my mom. its junk imo, cant so nothing on that thing as far as customization. go be one of those babys and report back. have you used the hd port on your tp? thats fast with no lag. try that if you havent. instinct lol
Whats the hd port??
Old 03-01-2009, 01:53 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

touch hd ported to the tp. weather, people, stocks all the killer tabs on the tp. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52836

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 03-01-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800

6700noobie is a n00b

Heh....blame MSFT. The made a great underlying system and then stopped. Seriously the hardware and software are capable b/c we've seen HTC and Samsung and others who've made pluggins that are really neat (Pointui Home2) and mimic iphone like UI. MSFT just sat on their progress and let others catch up and surpass them. Wasn't Palm the first out with PDAs and stuff and then WinCE came out now renamed to pocket pc or windows mobile. And then let Apple do the Ace of Cakes thing....made the pocket pc phone bigger, badder, better....ok maybe not better on all counts, but on a lot of counts and I hate the iphone mostly because you have to jailbreak it in order to do what you want with it like we can on winmo phones.

ok I'll get off the soap box. Seriously MSFT.....blow us away....we're waiting....winmo 6.5 doesn't look that great....try again. I want to be blown away by your work, but I'm very disappointed.
1 Sprint Mogul (6800) flakey as heck unit - build tester
Old 03-01-2009, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

platniumrover is a n00b

But it just seems like the G1 takes touch commands more accurately than my pro does. And Ive had the pro since the first day it was out, and i know u have to keep the pressure constant on the screen and such, but I just was playing with my friends G1, and I can do wonders with such a responsive screen. Now my question is does the HD port change effect how the phone will scroll in other programs as well....such as albums, and messaging?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:10 AM
acs tester

hd port with finger pressure reg.edit and im flying. have you dobe the pressure edits?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison