PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mshefke is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Instinct Vs. Pro

I moved from the Instinct to the Touch Pro also and really can't see moving back. There were some things about the Instinct that I loved. It was pretty intuitive, lightweight, and the OS was a bit faster, but as some have said, it's simply not a smart phone. It's nowhere near as flexible as the Touch Pro. For one thing, I keep a TON of contacts and the desktop sync software for the Instinct is a joke. I wiped out all of my contacts on more than one occasion. Also, since I don't have the smallest fingers, the touchscreen keyboard was a pain in the butt. It would have benefited from a stylus, oh wait, it came with one but there was no place on the phone to store it (can you say after though). Don't get me wrong, it was a great phone. I had great sound quality and it sync'd with my car bluetooth immediately right out of the box, but it just wasn't for me much like it seems that the Touch Pro wasn't for you.

Good Luck
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:18 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kru83 View Post
I love my Touch Pro, and you must be on crack or something, its one of the best touch friendly phone in the market.

-Youtube App.
-Nice and friendly touch keyboard.
-Teeter
-G-Sensor (more good app and games to follow)
-Touchflo 3D.
- i can go on and on.

BTW did you hard reset the phone out of the box ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoss_11 View Post
not another one of these threads, the instinct is an utter joke when compared to the pro
^^^^
Have you guys even owned an Instinct?

I got the Instinct the day it came out, and even to this day there's somethings it did FAR BETTER then the TP.

For 1 the speaker phone was good and the call clarity was out of this world. To be honest, its the best phone I've used and the call sounded better then a land line phone. 2nd was the interface, to an extent. I really liked the whole scrolling/ vibrate feature, it was nicely done, the nav on it was great with turn by turn, speed wasn't an issue on mine. If I wanted to do something it did it. Overall a great phone playing music etc. The battery life was unreal! No matter how much I played with that phone, the TP/ Diamond would of died 2 times to that phones 1 time. Talk time was better. With the Diamond and TP the max I can get is 2 hours of talk time, with the Instinct I could be on it for 3.5 hours none stop before it was telling me it was about to die, oh, and also you can charge the Instinct and it won't die on you while you're talking or get terribly hot! Picturemail worked like its supposed to. It size was right on also.

Things I hated was the syncing! OMFG did they really f that one! I hated having to upload my contacts to Sprint's website and hope it would sync to the phone, many tech calls for that one . Second, you can't unlock that phone for anything, the Java support is terrible, and I can't stand waiting for Sprint/ or Samsung to decide to give us an update. Third, the web browser was really lacking and it wasn't till one of the most recent updates it became somewhat useful! forth, no outlook integration was a real deal breaker for me and the on screen keyboard always seemed off. I would want to say something and it would come out to be another. Fifth, was software support and the fact that instant messaging was pretty much none existent.

I will say, I love my TP, but it is far from perfect, and the Instinct, while not the iPhone killer they marketed it to be, it is still a great phone for people who always tell me "I don't want a computer for a cell phone, I only use it to make calls". It is a simple phone to learn, use, operate and can be dropped a couple of times and not break.

Sorry, but that's my consensus from owning the phone for 4 months before the Diamond was out and not from playing around with it in the store for 4 minutes.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro II.. With a bionic heart!

Eturnulrs704 is just getting started

I've owned an in-stink... my
PRO is the truth all day. get urself a new devise.. keep bringing it back til u get a good one.. alot of them had issues out the box. most fixed after hard reset... somme didnt.. but i would never go back to the in-stink.. everyone i know hates it and they arent even xpecting much from a phone.. not like me anyway... i say stay wit the PRO...
Old 02-16-2009, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint
Threadstarter

chrisaroz is just getting started

Thanks everyone for your input! It sounds like I need to stay on Sprint until they get me a good phone, then hack-hack-hack til I find a ROM that works for me, and learn to live with some of the downsides.

The knowledge and experience of this group is why I love PPCgeeks!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison