PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 850e' / HTC Touch Pro 2 / Sprint Evo 4G !
Carrier: Sprint

Sprints700wx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Actual Difference Between Treo.800w & Treo Pro ?

I have been a loyal to my 700wx for some time and have been thinking of either getting the 800w (Which is 100$) @ Sprint or Either waiting for the Treo Pro ..

Now i spoke to someone @ sprint nd they told me the only tru difference between the both is the actual Talk Time (Battery usage) and the Outer Design .. Can anyone confirm this becuase some times they have no clue what they are talking about ??

Thanks in Advance - And sorry if this is the wrong place to post this , didnt know where to post
Old 01-30-2009, 02:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff
Re: Actual Difference Between Treo.800w & Treo Pro ?

I owned a Treo 800W (actually 3) and finally gave up, went with the Touch Pro. The 800W is not made by HTC and has issues that I at first did not consider issues. I would go with the Treo Pro. However, the Sprint Treo Pro has a memory issue - program memory lacks and that causes the device to slow down something fierce.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work

Get the Treo Pro or the Touch Pro. The 800w really is a waste of money (even at $100 brand new). Differences are better battery life, working GPS, smaller size, better earpiece quality, more refined OS, IE6, real MMS, etc.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprints700wx View Post
I have been a loyal to my 700wx for some time and have been thinking of either getting the 800w (Which is 100$) @ Sprint or Either waiting for the Treo Pro ..

Now i spoke to someone @ sprint nd they told me the only tru difference between the both is the actual Talk Time (Battery usage) and the Outer Design .. Can anyone confirm this becuase some times they have no clue what they are talking about ??

Thanks in Advance - And sorry if this is the wrong place to post this , didnt know where to post
I have both (see hands on here)

to be honest? they have much more in common than differences
  • WM6.1
  • 320x320
  • Wifi + dedicated button
  • GPS
  • BT 2.0
  • 2.0mp camera
  • front qwerty
  • ringer switch
The differences come down to the Treo Pro having standalone GPS (for traveling outside the U.S.), higher quality audio, 3.5mm headphone jack, battery life and then some cosmetic differences.

$99 vs $249 is a big deal for some. I have a friend who has never had a smartphone but wants one like the Treo. He has credit problems and not much cash so the $99 800w is a steal as no way can he do $249 (which is overpriced, imo)

I can't say one device is "hands down" better than the other as they both have their pros and cons.

If money is a concern, get teh 800w and use it for 25 days. If you LIKE it, the Treo Pro won't be much of an upgrade at all. If you DON'T LIKE IT, then try the Treo Pro.

That's really how all of this will come down--how you feel about the 800w. Personally, I like the 800w so the Treo Pro is nice, but hardly mind blowing for 2009. The 800w is certainly more similar to the 700wx than the Treo Pro is as Palm's software is gutted from the Treo Pro.

ps And yeah, the lack of RAM on the Treo Pro is disheartening and right now IE6 is a bit wonky.

Last edited by Malatesta; 02-03-2009 at 03:29 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison