PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 02:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze (HTC Touch Pro)

jazee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Differences from Touch Pro? Worth It?

Saw a review on this phone. Essentially it looks like they took a touch pro, got rid of that center button, made the screen bigger and higher resolution, and got rid of the slide out keyboard and put a 3.5mm headphone jack in it.

I just got a Touch Pro (Fuze) that I could take back in 3 weeks and buy an unlocked HD off E-bay for a whopping $700. Ouch.

But here seems to be the drawbacks:

1) Price

2) No keyboard - I'm not a big messaging user but I do A LOT of web browsing, entering URL's, search terms, filling out forms. That alone has made me a big fan of physical keyboards but hey if the on screen one is really easy (and fast) to use, then I could be converted?

3) No capacitive screen! By getting rid of the big round button and the keyboard and making the screen bigger you would think they were really going for an all-touch device like the iPhone, heck it even looks a lot like an iPhone (with a bigger screen!) But they didn't put a capacitive screen on it so gesturing is like moving your fingers in quicksand compared to the iPhone. But at least you have the option of using a stylus when you want to! So this is actually an plus and a minus.

4) Won't have much ROM support for some time. One thing that makes my Fuze so good is using the NATF 4.1 cooked ROM instead of the AT&T garbage that comes on it.

I think I effectively talked myself out of it.

There would be one killer feature that if it had it, I'd buy it in a hearbeat. TF3D is a joke - it's just an overlay, a wrapper, whatever you want to all it. One of the only major strength of Windows Mobile is the ability to customize it by installing one of a plethora of really good 3rd party apps and Today plug-ins. With TF3D none of the plug-ins work, you have to swap between WM Today and TF3D today. How pathetic. Someone in another read hinted at the fact TF3D on this device was more customizeable but didn't elaborate. A rumor or a fact and if a fact how is it different in customization options from the Touch Pro TF3D?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Differences from Touch Pro? Worth It?

It would be no more customizable than a Pro, because they have ported manila from the HD to the Pro.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison