PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

raziel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Bye Bye Touch Diamond... Hello Pro!

i just got my Touch Pro from the Sprint store today. Even though I was 3 months away from getting the renewal price, they were able to sell it to me as if I was a new customer!

I liked the Diamond and appreciated how small and thin it was but I had a tendency to delay responding to e-mails and text messages because I didn't like poking at the screen to write and it was difficult for me and especially when I couldn't get used to the small letters. Plus that onscreen keyboard takes up half the screen.

For the first 5 minutes of using the Touch Pro, using the keyboard was such a relief especially when my previous phone before the Diamond was a Mogul. The difference in thickness from the Pro was not as drastic as I thought it would be and it feels pretty light. Also switching from portrait to landscape when opening the keyboard is almost instant, and there's no lag like the Mogul had.

Anyway, I'm going to flash Mighty's ROM now and I'm glad to be a part of the Pro club!

visit louie tran spot! a blog for geeks by a geek
Old 01-17-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: Bye Bye Touch Diamond... Hello Pro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel View Post
i just got my Touch Pro from the Sprint store today. Even though I was 3 months away from getting the renewal price, they were able to sell it to me as if I was a new customer!

I liked the Diamond and appreciated how small and thin it was but I had a tendency to delay responding to e-mails and text messages because I didn't like poking at the screen to write and it was difficult for me and especially when I couldn't get used to the small letters. Plus that onscreen keyboard takes up half the screen.

For the first 5 minutes of using the Touch Pro, using the keyboard was such a relief especially when my previous phone before the Diamond was a Mogul. The difference in thickness from the Pro was not as drastic as I thought it would be and it feels pretty light. Also switching from portrait to landscape when opening the keyboard is almost instant, and there's no lag like the Mogul had.

Anyway, I'm going to flash Mighty's ROM now and I'm glad to be a part of the Pro club!
even though Coz will move this thread to the general forum...i did want to say welcome before he did. TP is a great device.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 01-17-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

Athasian is keeping up the good workAthasian is keeping up the good work

Let me be the first *er second ... edit* to welcome you then. I never had the Diamond but went right from the Mogul to the TP ... I loved my mogul, the TP is just as awesome to me. I hope you like it as much as I do.

And it seems if you talk to the right people at Sprint, you can get almost anything. When I got my Pro, I just wanted them to give me a phone upgrade credit for all 3 of my lines. They wouldn't do that but instead gave me the line upgrade credit for the line the pro went on, and $100 extra credit per line. Ended up getting more this way, and keeping my upgrade eligibility on the other 2 lines ... Free Touch Pro!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:44 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

my diamond gets used when im out at the bar, easy on the pocket. oro is my choice though.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

welcome to the team!!!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel View Post

Welcome to the Touch Pro family
Old 01-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Let me say welcome as well. I have a feeling that you will start to love the Touch Pro like the rest of us.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
my diamond gets used when im out at the bar, easy on the pocket. oro is my choice though.
Same here bro, I use my diamond usually on the weekends and the pro during the week when I actually have to get work done with it. Oh yeah and welcome raziel.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

raziel is just getting started

Thanks everyone! I hope they figure out how to get the FM radio to work on this. It was really useful when I had the Diamond. Anyway, that's a while other thread
Old 01-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

Same here. While great at first the on-screen keyboard got me to the same point as you.
I stopped forum posting and emailing from it.

You'll L♥ve the Pro.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison