PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 08:49 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Comparison: Windows Mobile, Palm Pre, iPhone, T-Mobile G1 and Blackberry

Windows Mobile FTW!

Quote:
Few days ago Gizmodo published a comparison between Palm’s newly unveiled Pre, iPhone and the G1. Since Windows mobile wasn’t included in that fight MobileSpoon took the opportunity to recreate the comparison with Windows Mobile and RIM’s Blackberry included.

Quoting the final words of the writer:
The first place goes to… both Windows Mobile and Palm Pre!
What a match it is going to be!
(Who would have thought that those 2 old rivals that struggled 10 years ago with green screen PDAs will meet again…)
Of course, everything here is completely subjective. I’m sure many people will still prefer the BlackBerry alternative, while some spoiled kids will still nag their dad for an iPhone.
It’s amazing that the good old Windows Mobile is still standing and fighting proudly, mainly thanks to great devices that hide the weaknesses of the old OS.
I know there’s a lot of mobile “power users”, freaks, and blogger with a worm corner in the heart for Palm. It leads me to believe that the Pre is going to be a hit. And if not… well… that’s going to be a shame.
That is correct! We have a tie between Windows Mobile devices and Palm Pre. I will not say whether I agree with the result or the comparison itself (although I kind of do), but it is a good read and several points are mentioned. So go ahead and take a look at it and then tell us your opinion. Is a good interface enough to make you ditch the Windows Mobile platform?
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=2394
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:52 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Comparison: Windows Mobile, Palm Pre, iPhone, T-Mobile G1 and Blackberry

"WMPoweruser.com" picks windows mobile? SHOCKING!

I have no idea what these people are smoking, but I want some of it.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Comparison: Windows Mobile, Palm Pre, iPhone, T-Mobile G1 and Blackberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
"WMPoweruser.com" picks windows mobile? SHOCKING!

I have no idea what these people are smoking, but I want some of it.
WMPoweruser didn't do this article. They even said they weren't sure they agreed with it.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison