PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Talking Re: Mogul Vs Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkybottoms View Post
looks like I will be headed for an upgrade in January then, but I am not liking the no IR port
Yeah.. Do you use it a lot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
you may not like no IR but I bet you will like 288MB opposed to 64mb
I second that..
Old 12-13-2008, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

funkybottoms is just getting started
Re: Mogul Vs Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
you may not like no IR but I bet you will like 288MB opposed to 64mb
gawd damn you're right =D>
Old 12-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Dude, there is no comparison what so ever. Ok fine maybe that mogul has alot more hardware buttons for more customization but other than that its a ****ing blow out. As a matter of fact you should be ashamed of yourself for even creating a new thread just to ask this question. LOL, ok I am just messing with you but yeah the touch pro is where its at.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Yeah.. Do you use it a lot?

I second that..
I use it, as for allot i wouldn't say that. I use it when my girl has something to send me or I need to send her. It also works out when I want to transfer something over to a buddy when I am to lazy to email it
Old 12-13-2008, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Dude, there is no comparison what so ever. Ok fine maybe that mogul has alot more hardware buttons for more customization but other than that its a ****ing blow out. As a matter of fact you should be ashamed of yourself for even creating a new thread just to ask this question. LOL, ok I am just messing with you but yeah the touch pro is where its at.

HAHAHA I know I feel like a total jerk for asking. I only asked because I heard some people complaining about the keyboard and other stuff. I just wanted to make sure before I drop another $300+ on a phone since I got my Mogul last year in Feb.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
HAHAHA I know I feel like a total jerk for asking. I only asked because I heard some people complaining about the keyboard and other stuff. I just wanted to make sure before I drop another $300+ on a phone since I got my Mogul last year in Feb.
There will always be issues with a small percentage of users and of course you can't make everyone happy all the time. Like when I had my 6700 and got the 6800, I had to get used to the feel of the keyboard, I had to get use to the fact that the keybored also slide out in the other direction, I even had to get use to the fact that the 6800 didn't have the little nub antenna. Half the time I was holding my 6800 upside down. The touch pro even took more of a learning curve, the small *** keys on the keybored was a pain at first but now I can type on that thing with my eyes closed and also the lack of hardware buttons took some real adjusting but now that I look back I am glad I got the TP, it is by far the best phone I have ever owned.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
looks like I will be headed for an upgrade in January then, but I am not liking the no IR port
bluetooth is better IMO... plus the ONLY thing IR would have over BT is that u can use it as a remote control for a TV/VCR/DVD etc... I prefer regular remote controls anyway

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 12-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

hardware spec wise, there is no comparison, however you should know that the GPS is not working as perfectly as on the mogul. At this point, that is my only real major complaint......
Old 12-14-2008, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

For the sake of arguement I have touch flo 2d on my mogul and that helps improve it alot.. It really makes it a better phone to me.. and I also have a very VERY stable version of android running on it too.. I dont think Android is ported to the TP yet.. And I LOVE my hardware buttons.. I have them all set to my most useful utilities like flash light and oxios memory management.. Now with that said Im getting my touch pro next week and you wont need a memory management app especially if you downgrade to touch flo 2d ( I think its available and thats what I plan on doing).. missing the buttons suck.. But having buttons is out of style so you can either not have em or get an old phone... and waiting for android to port will suck but I still like wm better
Old 12-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
I never have had a lot of luck with the IR port so I use the blue tooth that should do it for ya.

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison