PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

johnq is keeping up the good workjohnq is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to johnq
Re: Goodbye Mogul

nooooooooooo please don't go,this is the life son we will meet again but not yet ...not yet ....not yet
gladator
Old 12-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

since you mention the kb opening the other way, it's worth mentioning that if you aren't careful, when you go to type you can turn off the phone hahaha

they placed the on/off button on the top left of the device. before it used to be on the right side right. Well, while it works well so the case doesn't turn on the phone, now txting could turn it off! arrrrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
The TP is kinda calling my name too, honestly. The only things that are keeping me from getting one are the ungodly price & the fact that the keyboard slides out the other way. That would drive me NUTS. I am so used to my titan & so OCD that it would bug the hell outta me.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 12-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

400runner is a n00b

I'm actually considering leaving the mogul as well...
Old 12-15-2008, 01:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan

nytsoul is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400runner View Post
I'm actually considering leaving the mogul as well...
Me too. F@#$ Sprint, F&^% this Mogul, hello BB Storm. I shouldn't have to spend a year of chopping, splicing, resetting, flashing and kicking a phone to make it usable.

I only stumbled upon this thread in search of a solution to yet another problem. Done.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kdj67f is becoming a great contributor

I still have my Titan. That device and I went through so much I could never get rid of it. I did go Touch pro, and dont regret it. Switching to a blackberry would be like coming out of the closet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
since you mention the kb opening the other way, it's worth mentioning that if you aren't careful, when you go to type you can turn off the phone hahaha

they placed the on/off button on the top left of the device. before it used to be on the right side right. Well, while it works well so the case doesn't turn on the phone, now txting could turn it off! arrrrg
WHAT??? Ghey. I hate poor designs like that. Oh well, I guess that means more time in paradise with the BEST phone I've EVER had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdj67f View Post
I still have my Titan. That device and I went through so much I could never get rid of it. I did go Touch pro, and dont regret it. Switching to a blackberry would be like coming out of the closet
LOL! I agree. No offense to anyone, honestly, but I always thought that people who went from TRUE smartphones, PPCs, Treos, etc., to Blackberries(or iPhones, aaargh!) were either too dumb or too lazy to handle them. Like "WTF I have to DO STUFF? This phone SUCKS!" NOT that I'm saying anyone on HERE is like that, that's just the impression I got from a lot of BB defectors. We got a lot of people like that on the Treo forums when I had all my various Treos.

I know people love Blackberries cause they "just work" or whatever, but there's a reason you always see airhead celebrities like Britney & Paris with them. They're idiot-proof, and it doesn't require any thinking to operate them. I will never understand the mentality of "This thing is too complicated, gimme a Blackberry!" I guess if you're happy with a phone you can't tweak, can't install stuff on, and can only personalize to a certain degree, a BB is fine, but I'd much rather deal with a few very minor flaws in an awesome device that I can COMPLETELY customize. That's what I love about my Titan(besides that it's named after a moon)- I can do ANYTHING with it. It's a mini-computer.

If you just CANNOT make your smartphone work properly, regardless of what kind it is, YOU are doing something wrong. Not trying to be a bee-yotch or anything but if an autistic freak like me(not joking!) can figure these things out, surely you Normies can.

End rant. I'll shutup now.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC

Last edited by kabuk1; 12-15-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytsoul View Post
Me too. F@#$ Sprint, F&^% this Mogul, hello BB Storm. I shouldn't have to spend a year of chopping, splicing, resetting, flashing and kicking a phone to make it usable.

I only stumbled upon this thread in search of a solution to yet another problem. Done.
Altho I agree with the sprint part, let me warn you from exper... the bb storm sucks @ss. Now my contract expires in june, sprint better have the omnia by then or you will be talking to a verizon customer in july!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: Alltel

brettokok is just getting started

yeah typing on that BB storm is really hard.(tried er out at the store) When you touch the screen the whole thing goes down as a button so you feel the click or whatever.. So you almost have to do 1 finger typing, if you try to use 2 fingers you have to go so slow to wait for the screen to pop up from the first letter pressed it makes typing really hard.

I'd go touch pro personally since its very similar to the titan but faster.. BUT as I have a year left on my contract I can hope for something worked FROM the TP but even better.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
WHAT??? Ghey. I hate poor designs like that. Oh well, I guess that means more time in paradise with the BEST phone I've EVER had!

LOL! I agree. No offense to anyone, honestly, but I always thought that people who went from TRUE smartphones, PPCs, Treos, etc., to Blackberries(or iPhones, aaargh!) were either too dumb or too lazy to handle them. Like "WTF I have to DO STUFF? This phone SUCKS!" NOT that I'm saying anyone on HERE is like that, that's just the impression I got from a lot of BB defectors. We got a lot of people like that on the Treo forums when I had all my various Treos.

I know people love Blackberries cause they "just work" or whatever, but there's a reason you always see airhead celebrities like Britney & Paris with them. They're idiot-proof, and it doesn't require any thinking to operate them. I will never understand the mentality of "This thing is too complicated, gimme a Blackberry!" I guess if you're happy with a phone you can't tweak, can't install stuff on, and can only personalize to a certain degree, a BB is fine, but I'd much rather deal with a few very minor flaws in an awesome device that I can COMPLETELY customize. That's what I love about my Titan(besides that it's named after a moon)- I can do ANYTHING with it. It's a mini-computer.

If you just CANNOT make your smartphone work properly, regardless of what kind it is, YOU are doing something wrong. Not trying to be a bee-yotch or anything but if an autistic freak like me(not joking!) can figure these things out, surely you Normies can.

End rant. I'll shutup now.

hahahaha you're cracking me up dude! yah it is non-hetero that they fooked up some things, but it is hetero that they fixed others.

It would be good to understand though, that everyone is different. The same argument has been made for many things, especially unix/linux and windows (forget mac lol). Windows are for people who just want things to "work." If you want a crazy system, that does whatever you can imagine, you run unix/linux. It's much harder to learn and much more harder to master. But like our phones Vs. a flip phone, when you max out both there is no comparison.

All i'm saying is that there's something for everyone :P :P
Old 12-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

true, true...

But its still fun to talk the scheize

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison