PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

1kwik72 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking to replace my 700wx

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I have lurked here for a while but havent posted much. I have had my 700wx through Sprint for a couple years now. My contract is up end of Dec. and I am looking at replacing my current phone as it has had a pretty rough life and is showing alot of wear. I am a moderate user mostly email and web surfing. I do have some 3rd party apps on my phone. And like to tweek things to my liking, nothing really crazy (havent flashed a ROM or anything) as I am a relative noob. I was thinking about the 800w reading a bit about it online seems some people have issues. I went into the sprint store to check it out and the salesman said it was a Junk phone (his words). He had an HTC Touch Pro that he recommended I played with the one in the store and also the salesmans own Touch Pro that had some additional apps on it. Not sure if I like the slide on it or not. The touch screen looked pretty cool but I work in a auto repair shop and I can only imagine how many fingerprints it will attract. I also wondered about waiting until the Treo Pro comes to Sprint (rumor has it Q1 09?) I like my wx but hate that it cant access some webpages and some of the pictures don't come through on emails. I am assuming the reason for this is because the newest version of flash media isn't supported on WM5 and HTML email isnt supported is that correct? Any recommendations you guys would like to make are appreciated.

Thanks
Craig
Old 12-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Looking to replace my 700wx

Have had my 700wx for over two years now. I looked at going to the Touch Pro but think I'm gonna hold out for the Treo 850 Pro. I love have that keyboard right up front...makes it essentially a one-handed device. I like have all the hardware buttons up front too. I do a lot of emailing and texting so I like having that keyboard right up front. A larger keyboard would be nice...but I don't think I want to get into the world of slider phones.

The 850 should be pretty sweet and there are some threads discussing it.

late,
Coz
Old 12-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

And that thing also has great battery life to boot man. I also had one, and no matter how many times I or someone else dropped it, that thing was a tank and a half.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 12-13-2008, 06:37 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

It's all a matter of personal taste, but...

1. I like HTC Phones because the kitchen supports them, not an option on a Treo.

2. The looks of the Treo, to me, are ugly. The bigo keyboard is UGLY!

3. SQVGA screens are too small. Web browsing is YUCK.

4. The Touch Pro is a HOT device!

5. The HTC sub-forums get WAY more support and traffic.

I don't mean for any of these to be an insult to Treo owners, (such as Coz). I am just giving my opnions to the OP.

Basically, when all is said and done, get what best suits your needs and wants

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison