PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 01:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800 aka Mogul bka Titan
Carrier: Sprint

JBurd3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is the G1 better than the Touch Pro??????

I know the TP is on a better/faster network than the G1, but its it a better phone overall? I just recently got my TP so im still learning how it works but i saw my friend that as the G1 and it just seems like he had stock apps that just blew mine out the water. Any comments/help/advice???? And is there a way to get that Scanning program thats on the G1 onto the TP? I tried that Scan Life but its definitely not the same type of program
Old 11-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Lurker

Squantodog is just getting started
Re: Is the G1 better than the Touch Pro??????

I would say it is not. Reason. The G1 is much longer and the keyboard typing is off because the whole screen does not slide up. Also it is a slightly diffrent OS, so you are limited on capabilites. TP is overall better.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Perso0naly I dont like the g1. Mainly because it looks a bit retro and the kb slids up but leaves behinx a hump. Btw... what sanning program? What does it do? If it just snas business cards or documents then the pro cando it too. We just take a pic of whatever needs to be scanned. Pros auto focus is unbelievable!
Old 11-27-2008, 01:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: venison

1900 is becoming a great contributor

Yes, the G1 is a better phone. Living in a city with 3g service (DC), I think my wife has a better phone.

Of course, I use linux > 60% of the time so.
(The development environment is also better than the Iphone and WM6's, though the API is still not fully exploiting the hardware - I like eclipse)
Old 11-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1900 View Post
Yes, the G1 is a better phone. Living in a city with 3g service (DC), I think my wife has a better phone.

Of course, I use linux > 60% of the time so.
(The development environment is also better than the Iphone and WM6's, though the API is still not fully exploiting the hardware - I like eclipse)

Unfortunately, this is untrue. While the G1 is a decent mobile phone, it is most definitely not "better" than the Touch Pro. Windows Mobile is a much more mature OS. Google's android is fairly new, so anyone claiming the G1 is a better phone right off the bat has obvious bias towards the Open Source community and Linux as a whole. Anyway, I do enjoy the bigger screen and some of the features of the Android OS over Windows Mobile. But overall, the Touch Pro and Windows Mobile as a whole are a more polished OS.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800 aka Mogul bka Titan
Threadstarter

JBurd3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Perso0naly I dont like the g1. Mainly because it looks a bit retro and the kb slids up but leaves behinx a hump. Btw... what sanning program? What does it do? If it just snas business cards or documents then the pro cando it too. We just take a pic of whatever needs to be scanned. Pros auto focus is unbelievable!
That program where you can scan the price of anything with a bar code and it compares prices to fine the cheapest. Anybody know how to get it on the TP?
Old 11-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurd3 View Post
That program where you can scan the price of anything with a bar code and it compares prices to fine the cheapest. Anybody know how to get it on the TP?

That program is not available for Windows Mobile yet. However, i'm confident one of the many talented programmers we have on xda or ppcgeeks will write one.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

ofcsu1 is a n00b

I know where to get it. Hold on while I look it up.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

ofcsu1 is a n00b

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=368798

Here you go. Just when you use it change your camera options to a lower resolution. This program has a hard time reading 3mp images for now.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

sexipink is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcsu1 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=368798

Here you go. Just when you use it change your camera options to a lower resolution. This program has a hard time reading 3mp images for now.

Have you tried this out yet???

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison