PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 12:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Im pretty dissapointed

thats called bad luck then cause many of us have been perfectly fine with our original sale ;p
Old 11-21-2008, 12:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (for now...)
Carrier: El Sprinto
Threadstarter

rudygetz is a n00b

P-Slim you aren't adding anything to this thread...and as for a phone that didnt need tweaking, etc...My old Moto Q worked great, never did any mods for it.

Did you give birth to a Pro?? Cuz it's as if I'm talking about your first born, relax.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:57 AM
N00b

billyboyblue is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
Your Pro is defective, exchange it.

that's the answer everyone seems to give, have you maybe thought, hmm, maybe the phone just isn't all that? it's gonna have problems, i use my pro as my modem on my laptop, and it does get hot too, but im pushing the phone to it's max with streaming video, filesharing, the works, and the phone has the same problems as the other with heating, but the phone works fine when it's not being charged, their is actually a very fast computer in this small shell, yet it never overheats to the point of turning itself off... nothing is cooling these phones either, what i did was go to radioshack, buy a mini fan, and have it wired to my case that way when i have the modem running i just plug in the mini fan and leave it in it's case, it helps with resistant heat, but it's internal temps are still close to the 130 area, download some internal heat monitoring system guys, and see what kind of heat your getting out of this device
Old 11-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

this is hilarious but rudy i think youd be better off going to some forum for an instinct... to find out if itll make you happier... if youre wanting to jump from a ppc to an instinct then it may be time for you to retire from ppcs
Old 11-21-2008, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ohm4life911 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
If you are within 30 days, you can return and have your contract reset.

I took mine back to BB today, and am now out of contract. I may get the Palm Pro in January, or the iPhone when it hits Costco/Sam's club after Xmas.
Yea its within the period, just got the phone this last week, I mean i haven't had problems with it yet but I would rather just stick with the Mogul until something with less bugs and better sensitive touch screen comes out. My contract is expected to terminate 11/2009 so its only one year left but I guess the contract might get reset and I might get out of the contract.

Anyone know if the HTC T8290?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/10/h...from-russia-w/

Seems like a good phone, can't wait to see if it will hit US Ground for Sprint, not sure when or how long would the wait be for that phone...
Old 11-21-2008, 01:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (for now...)
Carrier: El Sprinto
Threadstarter

rudygetz is a n00b

so i did the hard reset....lets just say i'll give it another day....
Old 11-21-2008, 01:16 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudygetz View Post
so i did the hard reset....lets just say i'll give it another day....
well if you get the phone ordered through the 1800 number you can have three days to check it out, and if you decide then you wanna keep it just refuse the phone, that way once you decide u want the instinct it'll be on your door step
Old 11-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

i saw that article on the t8290 a few days ago.. pretty cool
something better is always going to come out though.. and they will probably keep having bugs at launch.. especially if they keep stacking on specs. my touch to the pro is working great though so i guess im sitting in a different boat. you were happy with your mogul but i went through a couple moguls before i finally got one that worked. they either bricked or wouldnt charge at all without adding anything extra on them and this was a common problem from what i hear. ever hear of black screen of death? after putting all my favorite progs on my working one the low memory made it annoying as all hell. im not a power user but my memory was still dangerously low. talk about slowdowns. all of them froze at least once a day. my touch pro is so much better.. it doesnt get stuck at all. throw the sharp screen and draped ui on it and you have an upgrade that makes me grin from ear to ear.
if you can handle waiting another year for the next great thing more power to you, but i cannot and will not!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:25 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
i saw that article on the t8290 a few days ago.. pretty cool
something better is always going to come out though.. and they will probably keep having bugs at launch.. especially if they keep stacking on specs. my touch to the pro is working great though so i guess im sitting in a different boat. you were happy with your mogul but i went through a couple moguls before i finally got one that worked. they either bricked or wouldnt charge at all without adding anything extra on them and this was a common problem from what i hear. ever hear of black screen of death? after putting all my favorite progs on my working one the low memory made it annoying as all hell. im not a power user but my memory was still dangerously low. talk about slowdowns. all of them froze at least once a day. my touch pro is so much better.. it doesnt get stuck at all. throw the sharp screen and draped ui on it and you have an upgrade that makes me grin from ear to ear.
if you can handle waiting another year for the next great thing more power to you, but i cannot and will not!
look at that honesty at it's best couldn't have said it better myself, why wait, haha wonderful
Old 11-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

Turn off T9 and see how much the KB improves!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison