PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
HTC Touch HD versus Touch Pro...VIDEO

here is a nice comparison video for all those who are interested or still infatuated with the Touch HD (like me). i found the comparison to be really interesting. actually, makes me appreciate my TP a lil more. may still get the HD if & when it ever hits the US. i got the feeling that maybe there will be something better yet that captures that huge screen but gives the power and usability of the TP. maybe a HTC TPHD, lol.

check out the vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSaW7U5tDXU
Old 11-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: HTC Touch HD versus Touch Pro...VIDEO

God, I love the screen on that. I just may get that if it comes to sprint.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 11-14-2008, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Threadstarter

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS

after watching a few more of the videos on the HD, i really must say that the TP is a bit more user friendly. the hardware keyboard and the nav-con of the TP make it really useful and for some a better phone (for their usage) than the HD. check out some of the other vids by pocketnow on youtube for the HD & TP....they are very interesting.

one thing i notice is that he is using a GSM version of the TP...which is slower than the sprint CDMA version. i looked at the screen rotation speed test they did btw the TP and SXP1, my TP was faster in my opinion than his SXP1. here is that vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfBLsMl-yoI

Last edited by KaliS; 11-14-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Nice comparison. HD looks way better IMO. Just a tad big like the iphone.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:36 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Sure the HD looks nice, but it ain't coming to the states unless you're willing to import it, and hope like hell AT&T or T-Mobile will actually let you hook it up.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Q

davesax1 is just getting started

The link compared the HD to another phone. No matter. The important thing to keep in mind is the strong response to the Verizon release of the Storm. Even Verizon has no doubt that they need to bring in more "large format" phones like the HD. In a few more months every major manf will offer a 3" + touch screen device. I was in a NY theatre the other day and counted over 50 iPhones in the audience - easy to spot because of the large bright screens. Part of me says the HD is actually a bit too large and unwieldy. iPhone is large enough. Maybe the sweet balance is actually slightly smaller than 3.5" with the HD feature set - large enough for readability and a usable screen QWERTY but still faily compact for smaller hands - say 3.3" Again, whether its the HD or a successor the handwriting is clear - they're almost there, need to wait for the next product release cycle for a mature device - hopefully one of them will get it right. Finally, i played with a Storm the other day. Nice. Good enough but I need WM and am probably sticking with Verizon so will wait.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesax1 View Post
The link compared the HD to another phone. No matter. The important thing to keep in mind is the strong response to the Verizon release of the Storm. Even Verizon has no doubt that they need to bring in more "large format" phones like the HD. In a few more months every major manf will offer a 3" + touch screen device. I was in a NY theatre the other day and counted over 50 iPhones in the audience - easy to spot because of the large bright screens. Part of me says the HD is actually a bit too large and unwieldy. iPhone is large enough. Maybe the sweet balance is actually slightly smaller than 3.5" with the HD feature set - large enough for readability and a usable screen QWERTY but still faily compact for smaller hands - say 3.3" Again, whether its the HD or a successor the handwriting is clear - they're almost there, need to wait for the next product release cycle for a mature device - hopefully one of them will get it right. Finally, i played with a Storm the other day. Nice. Good enough but I need WM and am probably sticking with Verizon so will wait.
Just wanted to jump in and point out to keep in mind that the HD is smaller than the iPhone (overall dimensions + thinner. It is only a little bit wider (which is better in imo for typing)).

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 11-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I have given this alot of thought. Even thou I would adore the wvga screen on the hd, I would really miss the smaller form factor of the Pro. I think I would pass on the hd if it got released as is.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison