PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

painkillaz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for a new phone, NEED HELP

I currently have an HTC 6800 (Mogul). I was looking for a new phone. I have Sprint and not wanting to change carriers. I know the Touch Pro is coming out soon, but I was debating whether or not to get a phone with the Palm OS or Windows Mobile or a Blackberry. Also, will Android be able to work with the Touch Pro? Looking for a high end device so money isn't a factor. I just want a good phone with no headaches. I've noticed Windows Mobile I occasionally have to restart and it freezes but I like how I can change it up unlike Palm. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
Shail

Edit: Preferably something with a QWERTY keyboard
Old 10-22-2008, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Looking for a new phone, NEED HELP

Having used both the BB and WM OS, I'll stick w/ WM. While it does occasionally hang and need a soft reset (though that hasn't happened much since my upgrade to WM6), I like a) the ability to customize via ROM flash, b) it's ability to multi task, and c) the incredible amount of add on apps available. Something else I've mentioned in other posts is BB's reliance on a third party server to move e-mail. If I send an email from my WM based Treo to your WM based Mogul, it goes from me to you. If you use a BB, it goes from the sender's server to BB's server,and then on to the reciepient. If the BB server takes a dive, which it did 3x this past year (one failure was worldwide), then no one gets their mail, eventhough the sending and receiving servers are working just fine. I just can't see the need to put another potential roadblock in the email process. As for recommending a phone, hopefully some other learned mind will chime in...I'm on VZW. Anyway,,,that's my $.02 for what it's worth.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

Well, after using Palm on treos from the Treo 300 to the 755p, BB on a pearl, and WinMo from the ppc6700 through the Touch, hands down Windows mobile for me. As the previous poster said, there is so much you can do to make your phone YOUR phone. And, as a Sprint user, the EVDO speeds are really nice and OPera works as a great browser... Anyways, the only new Palm OS phone you can get anymore is the Centro, and that kinda feels like a toy when you use it. The new treo has WinMo anyways. With that being said, I already reserved a Touch Pro at my local store...

[
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

painkillaz is a n00b

Yea if I stick with a windows mobile phone the Touch Pro is what I will get. Anything about Android possibly being able to be flashed to the Touch Pro? I know it is relatively new but because it is open source I'm assuming that there will be ALOT you can add to it.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison