PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 02:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

larrymartin830 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Xv6800 Questions

I haven't posted in some time but...i switched to verizon from sprint and well there phones suck....and i loved my mogul and from what i can tell verizon isn't going to get any better phones..i was wondering is it worth getting the xv6800 which is verizon's version of the mogul...would i be able to do the same thing that i did with the sprint version with the verizon version? like use different roms ect? i just want to get away from this damn LG Chocolate...there going on ebay for like $200 some thing new....
Old 10-14-2008, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hauk is just getting started
Re: Xv6800 Questions

Well Verizon is planning to get the Touch Pro later on, and if you still have your Mogul from Sprint, you can flash it to verizon, and then if you can talk a Verizon rep into activating a Sprint ESN, then you won't have to buy the XV6800, and if you do not, then you can of cource buy the XV6800, and you will be able to customize it same as the Mogul, you will need to hard-SPL it again, and the Titan kitchen is universal among all the Titan counterparts such as the Mogul and XV6800, just remember to select Verizon as your carrier from that point on. Good luck, and happy flashing!

Old 10-14-2008, 08:13 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

VZW also has the BB Storm coming if you like those (but dont tell anyone here that). The Diamond and Pro are the most anticipated at this time I think. The Touch HD is nice also.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymartin830 View Post
I haven't posted in some time but...i switched to verizon from sprint and well there phones suck.......
I agree 100%, but the vz service is at least 1000 times better so it's a trade-off (I have had both)

I have two XV6800's, one running the dcd 3.2.6 ROM & the other running nueROM3. Both of these phones run very very well.

I run four different GPS apps, Slingbox Mobile, Sirius & XM, use a 16 gig card almost totally filled with mp3's & full length movies & I really love both phones.

Don't get me wrong now, if I could get a Touch Pro I would have it tomorrow but I wouldn't swap either of my phones even for a Diamond (my boss has one & we both hate the thing)

~John
Old 10-14-2008, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymartin830 View Post
i just want to get away from this damn LG Chocolate.......
What a piece of garbage those phones are, my son went through three of them...........

~John
Old 10-14-2008, 03:03 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

larrymartin830 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauk View Post
Well Verizon is planning to get the Touch Pro later on, and if you still have your Mogul from Sprint, you can flash it to verizon, and then if you can talk a Verizon rep into activating a Sprint ESN, then you won't have to buy the XV6800, and if you do not, then you can of cource buy the XV6800, and you will be able to customize it same as the Mogul, you will need to hard-SPL it again, and the Titan kitchen is universal among all the Titan counterparts such as the Mogul and XV6800, just remember to select Verizon as your carrier from that point on. Good luck, and happy flashing!
Well see i would use my mogul but lol its stuck in the HTC loading screen lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
VZW also has the BB Storm coming if you like those (but dont tell anyone here that). The Diamond and Pro are the most anticipated at this time I think. The Touch HD is nice also.
i don't like the diamond and the look of the pro soo....i really like the XV6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I agree 100%, but the vz service is at least 1000 times better so it's a trade-off (I have had both)

I have two XV6800's, one running the dcd 3.2.6 ROM & the other running nueROM3. Both of these phones run very very well.

I run four different GPS apps, Slingbox Mobile, Sirius & XM, use a 16 gig card almost totally filled with mp3's & full length movies & I really love both phones.

Don't get me wrong now, if I could get a Touch Pro I would have it tomorrow but I wouldn't swap either of my phones even for a Diamond (my boss has one & we both hate the thing)

~John
Well i will be getting the xv6800 agin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
What a piece of garbage those phones are, my son went through three of them...........

~John
yes yes they are.....
Old 10-14-2008, 03:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

larrymartin830 is a n00b

well i can get it to the screen to upgrade it some how lol the oil pro 2.40 then i turn on the phone it stays on the htc screen wtf
Old 10-14-2008, 05:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chirodj5 is just getting started

it sounds like you have a bad ROM flash or an incompatible radio and Rom either try flashing the ROM again (using a 2gb or less micro SD card) or post the versions of the rom and radio you are trying to use
Old 10-14-2008, 10:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

larrymartin830 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirodj5 View Post
it sounds like you have a bad ROM flash or an incompatible radio and Rom either try flashing the ROM again (using a 2gb or less micro SD card) or post the versions of the rom and radio you are trying to use
R 1.47.01
D 3.56

how do i relock the phone just to try and use a stock rom
Old 10-14-2008, 11:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

larrymartin830 is a n00b

Well i am just trying to figure this out......if any one can help...help me plz i don't wanna spend another $300 just to get the same phone...

This is what the phone is doing
1. I turn on the cell it will go to the htc loading screen with the red letters under the logo then they go away...
2.But if i turn the phone on with my fingers on the power and cam buttons it goes to the
TITA100 MFG
SPL-2.40. Olipro
CPLD-9

I put a new rom on a 2 gig MicroSD card and it loads it fine i reset it and it dose the same stuff over....

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison