PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 06:57 PM
yve
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 T-Mobile
Carrier: T-Mobile

yve is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Q9C to treo800w

Hello all after disappointment move from q9c to HTC Diamond, am back in the look out for a new device and NOT looking forward to the HTC Pro, Has anybody here jump for the the Q'S to the T800w ?

Thank you all in advanced..
Old 10-13-2008, 07:30 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: Q9C to treo800w

I jumped from a MotoQ to the Treo800W. Coming from the ppc6700 I missed the functionality of a touchscreen and a full version of Windows Mobile. I also like Office Mobile as opposed to Documents to Go. The positive I like about the Q series is how thin it is. If you can combine the size of the Q to that of theTreo I would be in. Until then I'm sticking with my Treo. Its all a matter of choice and what apps you plan on using. If I did not need the some of the functions I use for work I would have just upgraded to Q9c or stuck with the Instinks. Oops I meant Instinct.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:52 PM
yve
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 T-Mobile
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

yve is a n00b

Thank you friend, appreciated it much..
At this point I just hope that sprint jumps in the Android OS at some point next year and just stick to my q9c; its a solid and loud device with minor little issues like any other phones...I'm staring to believe like others that windows is the issue..

Again Thank you,,
Old 10-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

sun0066 is a n00b

i went from touch to treo 800w , never go back, qwerty is a good thing and feels solid and very functional , love the treo, love the keyboard
Old 10-13-2008, 09:46 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

You are welcome. I think as we hang on to our phones we will always find something we don't like or something wrong. I will say that I have had this since its release date and I have not been happier with any other unit.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo 800W

jcrick is a n00b

I went from a Treo 650 to the 800W. The phone is really good IMHO but the battery life could be better. I ordered a second battery and just received my cradle for the phone yesterday which has built in slot to charge the second battery. The cradle is great for work environment, and I can leave it to charge and sync automatically all day. Scout around the internet, you can pick up a battery for less than $20, and some sellers ship for free.

My only problem is having to upgrade (or cross grade) my Palm OS apps to work on the WinMobile platform.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison