PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Zackb911 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I gave it a go but back to BlackBerry I go...

I really wanted the Touch Diamond to change my feelings about Windows Mobile and Sprint's smartphone lineup but it just didn't happen. I've had the Mogul, Touch, Palm Centro, Q9c, BlackBerry Curve, and Touch Diamond.

Typing still sucked. I don't "need" a keyboard with my Ipod touch and didn't when I had an iPhone but the Diamonds keyboards just aren't up to par.

The screen was beautiful. Maroon backing = Girly. Battery Life = Atrocious. Windows Mobile = PIA.

I REALLY wanted this to work out but in the end the BlackBerry curve, for me, is just a better phone. I have a Sero account w/o BIS so granted my BB is slightly crippled but day in day out use and functionality it hands down beats everything else I've tried. I also had the Curve on AT&T and T-Mobile and it was fantastic (although ATT&Ts version wasn't as nice as the others.)

Conclusion: I give up on Windows Mobile. Yes I tried Juicy's ROM and still could barely go 9 hours on my Diamond before falling on it's face with a dead battery(No wifi, No Calls, No BT, and just some browsing and text). If you're into this as a hobby and just want a cool phone to F around with, more power to you. If you want a phone that's stable, reliable, and won't let you down I'd look elsewhere.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: I gave it a go but back to BlackBerry I go...

Good bye and good luck with your Crackberry or iPhone. Real difference in all of them?

Crackberry and iPhone = newb

WinMo = geek

Guess we all know what you are...
Old 10-11-2008, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Rainfreak...............ouch you hit'em right in the head with that sniper rifle, and like you said WinMo are for people who are experienced with it and/or who want to learn it because they know the potential in the WinMo devices. Sorry it didn't work out for ya jackb911
Old 10-11-2008, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

JoJoCal19 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Good bye and good luck with your Crackberry or iPhone. Real difference in all of them?

Crackberry and iPhone = newb

WinMo = geek

Guess we all know what you are...
Hehe rainfreak I somewhat agree with your assessment. I came to Sprint Touch Diamond from VZW BB Pearl and a little bit with the Curve. While I do love the BB for messaging better, and phone functionality better, I got really tired of the lack of apps and customizability. I love to customize the look of my phone and its no where near as good on the BB.

So for now I am more than content with my Diamond as I havent had any problems with it.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

Zackb911 is a n00b

Haha not trying to knock you guys, just shedding a little light with my objective opinion from first hand experience with a bunch of different phones.

I presume there are many lurkers here trying to get some info before they buy, my post is for them primarily. No matter how you cut it a phone should go more than 9 hours. Hell I was getting the low battery warning 6 hours off the charger! I was using SEVEN for email with 1 account, No: multiple push setups, wifi, BT, etc... and still couldn't go half a day!

I gave it a go and was REALLY excited to try it out but as far as I'm concerned you can keep the Diamond. I came home last night with a dead phone and immediately swapped back to the BB, the Diamond has already been sold on eBay.

FWIW I think it has potential to be a hell of a lot better with a different OS.

Last edited by Zackb911; 10-11-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackb911 View Post
Haha not trying to knock you guys, just shedding a little light with my objective opinion from first hand experience with a bunch of different phones.

I presume there are many lurkers here trying to get some info before they buy, my post is for them primarily. No matter how you cut it a phone should go more than 9 hours. Hell I was getting the low battery warning 6 hours off the charger! I was using SEVEN for email with 1 account, No: multiple push setups, wifi, BT, etc... and still couldn't go half a day!

I gave it a go and was REALLY excited to try it out but as far as I'm concerned you can keep the Diamond. I came home last night with a dead phone and immediately swapped back to the BB, the Diamond has already been sold on eBay.

FWIW I think it has potential to be a hell of a lot better with a different OS.
android will be coming soon to a diamond near you

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-11-2008, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

mbord is just getting started

and why does ever other company with a blackberry have picture mail except Sprint???
and doesnt blackberry run win mobile too?
Old 10-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbord View Post
and why does ever other company with a blackberry have picture mail except Sprint???
and doesnt blackberry run win mobile too?
because sprint out sources there pic mail app design to some douchebag company.

and Black berry runs symbian OS
Old 10-11-2008, 04:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Quigs is just getting started

Gotta say I am the opposite. I came from a crackberry pearl and have to admit at first it was hard to get used to not having the dynamic push e-mail. (I now use activesync at the scheduled events). It just worked. But in the end, what I realized is it simply is what you get used to. You have to learn the ins and outs of each device. The way things work is different, everything from calendars to e-mails is accessed differently. Comparing a curve to any qwerty keyboard is not apples to apples. Pearl vs the Diamond is fair and the diamond keyboard works as close to the pearl as you can get. My only complaint in the diamond is the word complete interferes with your typing. On the pearl I was not looking up realizing I had strung words together. I figured I kept missing the space key.

But, after having the diamond for a while and learning how to tweak the diamond it is way better than the pearl. It’s the little things - like being able to have your Outlook folders (you could access them sort of in the crackberry) - but the fact that outlook simply matches as a mobile version of the desktop is awesome. You just have to adapt to the workflow and be patient. And the customization and ability to run a ton of programs is a difference maker for the diamond. Not to mention web browsing and other benefits.

To each is own - its a matter of what you look for in a device. No doubt winmo is for geeks and tweakers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:52 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Can I Have Ur Diamond For Free!!!!!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison