PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 09:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Palm Centro vs Diamond

I wanted to open discussion about changing/upgrading from the Centro to the Diamond or Pro. I am a normal user, will not highly modify but would like to personalize and tweak some programs for fun.
I love my Centro, but am hesitant to switch to Diamond, especially wm. I tried the Touch, small buttons, needed to use stylus, and had to remember to close apps.
What I see, I love - larger screen, 3D looks easy to use for one button navigation vs above limitations. Easy use touch screen very important to me
I am semi happy with Blazer, like Opera Mini but doesn't perform well - crashes too much to be happy.
Could you give opinions? I'm sure I'm not the only one considering even though I am visiting/registered in this forum.
Also, opinions on whether Diamond has enough ram/rom to function or should I wait for Pro? Do like the idea of keyboard, similar to querty.
Yes, I am waiting to purchase so I have 30 day trade option.

Just want your opinions of comparison - no rants against Palm, it does work well for me, just good opinions.
Thanks
Old 09-09-2008, 10:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Palm Centro vs Diamond

This is not a flame, cut down, or comparison. It's MY opinion, coming from having owned both types of devices.

The Palm OS is simple, plain, easy to use, solid and proven. Customizable to a certain point. Lots of software, support. Units, no matter what you do to them, still work and look almost the same. Overall pretty stable.

Touchflo-3d is nice, has interesting "pazzazz" effect and is definitely an eye catcher. It does get clumsy. WM is not as efficient. Touchflo-3d is not very "integrated" as a shell over the OS. WM is very customizable, lots of software and support. Can we say, it's like Windows on a PC, you get the benefits, as well as it's issues..

In the end, I would recommend that you stop by a store or borrow a friend's and play with a WM device and get to know it's nuances, so you can make your own decision.

-CC

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison