PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 07:14 PM
N00b

Billbeme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
700wx vs. Q9c

I know this is remarkably broad, but I was wondering which is better by any definition, the 700wx or the Q9c.

I have both and am trying very hard to make a decision. Thanks.

Bill
Old 08-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: 700wx vs. Q9c

Looks like you posted this in the Q9c forum too...no need to double post and I'm gonna move this one to the Phone Comparison Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 08-08-2008, 07:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Billbeme is a n00b

Sorry about that! I did a few back-to-front scans of the forum titles and couldn't find one that looked right for this thread. Looks like I missed the phone comparison forum. Very sorry!

Bill
Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Well, you might want to look at things like available RAM. 700WX is running 128MB, not sure what the Q is runnning. I'm not sure if the Q is a touch screen, but I dont think so. I would never go back to a non touch screen device.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

more like 128 with over 47MB free, and those are still good numbers for a Treo.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 08-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sch-i760
Carrier: Verizon

ctsailor860 is a n00b
Cool Re: 700wx vs. Q9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbeme View Post
I know this is remarkably broad, but I was wondering which is better by any definition, the 700wx or the Q9c.

I have both and am trying very hard to make a decision. Thanks.

Bill
If I had the oppty to have either one, I'd stay with the Q. I had both the Q black and the Q9m, both worked very well. With time, the 700wx will likely give you problems. I work in the tech dept for a VZW store, and see more Palms than I do Qs. The problems I have seen are call dropping, and lack of service in a normal 4 bar range.

Hope this helps..
Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

after like 2 weeks with the q9c (coming from the previous q) i like, wanted to nuke the thing.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

having had both...they both offer their goods and their bads...treo gives you touch screen...q9c gives you gps right out of the box...i for one am trying to find another q9c...just cant find one within my budget.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Billbeme is a n00b

Quote:
Well, you might want to look at things like available RAM. 700WX is running 128MB, not sure what the Q is runnning. I'm not sure if the Q is a touch screen, but I dont think so. I would never go back to a non touch screen device.
Well the Q9c has 64MB of RAM compared to the 128MB of the 700wx. However regarding the screen, the Q9c is a non-touch screen that has a resolution of 320x240 compared to the 700wx's 240x240.

Quote:
If I had the oppty to have either one, I'd stay with the Q. I had both the Q black and the Q9m, both worked very well. With time, the 700wx will likely give you problems. I work in the tech dept for a VZW store, and see more Palms than I do Qs. The problems I have seen are call dropping, and lack of service in a normal 4 bar range.

Hope this helps..
I wonder if I should consider the 700wx for Sprint a different device than the 700wx for Verizon. Carriers do interesting things to phones. Thanks!

Quote:
after like 2 weeks with the q9c (coming from the previous q) i like, wanted to nuke the thing.
Why is that?

Quote:
having had both...they both offer their goods and their bads...treo gives you touch screen...q9c gives you gps right out of the box...i for one am trying to find another q9c...just cant find one within my budget.
Do you have a 700wx? Why are you returning to the Q9c?

Thanks!
Bill
Old 08-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

no i have since parted ways with my 700wx miss it...love it...but i have my mogul...i loved the 9c as i dont like a smudged screen from "touching" it...i prefer an all hardware formafactor...the mogul offers both...the reason im looking for another 9c for cheap is for my brother he broke his and doesnt have insurance...with the new sprint replacement policy for non insured customers it would be cheaper for me to find one for 100 bucks if at all possible for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbeme View Post
Well the Q9c has 64MB of RAM compared to the 128MB of the 700wx. However regarding the screen, the Q9c is a non-touch screen that has a resolution of 320x240 compared to the 700wx's 240x240.

I wonder if I should consider the 700wx for Sprint a different device than the 700wx for Verizon. Carriers do interesting things to phones. Thanks!

Why is that?

Do you have a 700wx? Why are you returning to the Q9c?

Thanks!
Bill

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison