PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to dicast
Re: Got my new instinct yesterday.

phone is off while charging? wow, someone really put themself in the hole on this one. good job sprint and samsung. long live the touch
Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kingsfan626 is a n00b

Yeah I have a year left on 1 of my lines and I wanted to go into the store and buy the phone for $450 and they told me in order to activate the Instinct I would have to change my family plan to the Everything share plan. So my bill would have jumped from $70 a month for 5 lines to $190 just for 1 new phone. I hate Apple and I hate ATT but this kind of stupidity from Sprint is going to be the reason why they'll never get out of the hole they're in.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would almost recommend the Instinct to people who probably wouldn't be happy with the bugginess and complexity of WM, but the required $99 Everything plan is a killer. Looks nice though.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:54 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Can U tell us about the browser? How good is it?
Old 06-20-2008, 07:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

MightyM0use is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MightyM0use Send a message via MSN to MightyM0use

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
I would almost recommend the Instinct to people who probably wouldn't be happy with the bugginess and complexity of WM, but the required $99 Everything plan is a killer. Looks nice though.
It does not need to be the 99.99 plan, It can be a 69.99 plan witch has 450 minutes daytime but unlimited everything else. I would imagine if they don't already Sprint will allow unlimited data plans to be attached to phones intended for family plan use.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitussi View Post
Im the opposite, the instinct is my main phone and the touch is for all my pda stuff. Yeah $130 is not bad at all, the best part is you get two baterries (12 hours talk total) and a 2 GB micro SD included.
Yeah but you are forced to get the unlimited data plan, with the lowest plan starting at $70 a month. That pretty much WIPES out any cost savings you think you'll get with the Instinct. Over the course of 2 years you'll probably end up paying around $950 more for an Instinct than a PDA phone with a SERO plan.

If the Instinct was offered on SERO, then it would be a good deal.

Last edited by x10guy; 06-20-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Unhappy Re: Got my new instinct yesterday.

check i-phone plans they arent much better. i have a instinct and a 6900. my plan is the same as family plan. i pay 129$ for 15 hundred shared min. unlimitted data. not bad. ask sprint, they wil work with you. why all the instinct flamming? cant we all get along?????
Old 06-20-2008, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
check i-phone plans they arent much better. i have a instinct and a 6900. my plan is the same as family plan. i pay 129$ for 15 hundred shared min. unlimitted data. not bad. ask sprint, they wil work with you. why all the instinct flamming? cant we all get along?????
What flame? I was simply pointing out what Sprint was charging for data according to all their literature. I think it was one of the few phones that requires one of their Unlimited plans.

My guess is that Sprint probably won't be as strict with their plans than the iphone... simply because they can't afford to lose customers. It probably would be easier if you had additional phones too (family plan). I'd be curious to find out what kind of "deals" people were getting just on individual plans for the Instinct. So I'm not flaming... just trying to point out what it will really cost.

Like I said, if was available on SERO, then it would be a good deal.

Last edited by x10guy; 06-20-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hitatchi-G1000(every Good phone)Touch+Treo 800W+(iphone3G)+Diamond+Touch Pro+(PRE)+TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carrier: Had to try the IP3G=Now Sprint for life!!

rell0202 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rell0202 Send a message via MSN to rell0202 Send a message via Yahoo to rell0202

You Guys are funny! I have the instinct as well the truth is we are all spoiled the windows mobile phones do so much anything else is uncivilized LOL
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Lurker

stayfly24 is a n00b

yea i have the instinct and touch as well, the reason the unlimited plans are required is because thats what you'll be using the most, they built the phone like that on purpose made for the "simply" plans, no matter what plans you choose for min, they all come with, unlimited text, unlimited GPS, unlimited data, email, tv, sprint radio, email, ect. so its deff worth it. I work for sprint and the word is as for the sero plans the instinct DOES work with them

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison