PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 07:22 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Got my instinct in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryzkid22 View Post
I'm very dissappointed in it so far. All the people in my district are uspet with how slow the internet is running but hopefully its just a prerelease version. I tried going to a graphic intensive site on both my instinct and mogul. I would start loading up the page on the instinct first then I would go into the internet on my mogul type the address in and the mogul would still load up the page first. The funny thing too is that I had the instinct on mobile internet mode while my moguls internet was set to desktop. The feature where you could tilt the phone to scroll down pages is also absent. Hopefully these issues are fixed immidietely.

Other things that I don't like about it too is that there isn't a hole to stick your stylus in the actual phone. The slide in pouch has a spot to put the cheap feeling stylus though. The camera is alright but is very limited. No spotlight, no options at all in taking the pics or videos other than changing if you want to take a pic or a vid. Also you can't edit the pics either and this includes rotating them! Of course you can send pics/vids but you can pretty easily do it on a mogul/touch if you know what email address to put on your friends numbers to send it.

The screen is very responsive like previously stated but it still isn't as responsive as an ipod touch or iphone. It comes with a 2 gig card which is good enough for most people out there. The phone also has a very nice feel to it too and isn't cheap feeling like Verizons new glyde pda.

Overall I'm dissapointed but I'm also biased because I love my mogul so much.
i rest my case, the instinct (or more like the upstage2) is a normal media phone but with a touch screen to get more attention, and i think that its an insult that pple would consider tradin a Windows Mobile Touch or a Mogul for it...

overall its nice and really slick looking but isnt that a marketing strategy?? iphone story all over again, pple expect a long awaited release, pple are seduced by its nice look and style, pple think that its the best phone in the world without it having proven itself yet, pple are dissapointed in the end...
Old 06-07-2008, 05:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

onthehunt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayfly24 View Post
as for the picture mail u can send it just like any 50 dollar phone quick & easy, just click on the picture & type in the phone number u want to send it to. This phone is an entertainment phone but still nothin like the iPhone at all in my opinion
What about the Instinct makes you say it isn't like the iPhone at all? Thanks.

Last edited by onthehunt; 06-07-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:39 PM
N00b

onthehunt is a n00b

Also, how about downloadable ringtones? Had to get used to doing MP3 ringtones for my Mogul because they were not downloadable from the Sprint site. Will ringtones for the Instinct be downloaded from the Sprint site?
Old 06-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

jeryzkid22 is a n00b

Ringers, calltones, games, apps and screensavers are all done through sprintstore now.

You can't easily navigate through multiple internet pages like the iphone, the screen doesn't turn with the direction of the phone, and viewing picture isn't as nice as the pinch and spread zoon feature of the iphone.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:19 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

According to one respectable site, This phone is not tryin to be Iphone. it just happened that they have resemblance in many aspect. But the phone has it's own best at its own rights.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

DssTrainer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
i rest my case, the instinct (or more like the upstage2)
Not really anything like an upstage.. that was a phone/mp3 player.. this is more like a multimedia phone... like Verizon Glyde, AT&T LG Vu, Verizon Voyager, etc... I don't know why Sprint even bothered mentioning "iPhone killer" in its advertisements, when its competing more with those phones listed above... it, and the other phones above are nowhere near iPhone's level...

First get Capacitive screen.. then we'll talk.

Sprint should just stop production of the Instinct, bake it for 6more months, add capacitive screen, faster browser, and then... maybe we can put it on the same planet as iPhone.. but not in the same room.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stayfly24 is a n00b

yea like stated before the touch screen is more responsive than the touch but not as fluid or smooth as the iphone or ipod touch, its a phone made for the "simply" plans, you have to have the data and the gps, and everything to enjoy this phone. Diffinilty something different for sprint but i dont think we should have a full staff the day of the release like they want us to, but it is a sweet phone dont get me wrong. And of course the screen doesnt turn to the side when you tilt it like the iphone/ipod touch because theres no accelerometer, Howere the htc touch diamond/pro/raphel or which ever one sprints getting in the fall will have a accelerometer in it.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:03 PM
N00b

onthehunt is a n00b

Here's some new links from Phone Dog using the Instinct he recently received. I really like what I see so far.

http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-videos/default.aspx

unboxing-and-hands-on
http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-v...-hands-on.aspx

Basics and Phone Mode
http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-v...hone-mode.aspx

Messaging
http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-v...messaging.aspx
Old 06-11-2008, 11:40 AM
N00b

onthehunt is a n00b

starfly.....I am seeing on phonedog videos there seems to be some lag time with different functions. Some issues could be corrected with a firmware update, but I am mostly concerned about the Rev A network being up and running for the Instinct by next Friday. Do you have any updates on the network status? Also, any firmware updates? Thanks.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cordodor is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to cordodor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayfly24 View Post
And of course the screen doesnt turn to the side when you tilt it like the iphone/ipod touch because theres no accelerometer
http://gizmodo.com/374937/video-sams...-its-under-300

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison