PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Metro pcs Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

caddydaddy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unlocked Dreams

Has anybody on here ever looked past the mostly mediocre carrier-locked phones offered on the companies websites/stores? I've found 3 unlocked gems I am seriously considering for my next phone and wondering what my fellow geeks thoughts and opinions might be on them...

1. E-Ten Glowfiish M800

This powerhouse seems to have it all (other than IrDA) Like the design, WM6, and it has the 4 main factors for me: VGA screen, Bluetooth (some say with EDR) , Integrated GPS, and WiFi. Has Decent memory and reasonably fast processor.

2. o2 XDA Flame

Kinda a new discovery for me. Like the VGA screen, MONSTER memory (2G!), and usb + video out (and IrDA!) Also the grafix processor (industry 1st) seems sweet. Been reading reviews about it and it seems ppl either love it or hate it...no in between. Hear gripes about the "sleeping beauty screen" (2-4 sec wake up lag) and the WM5 is kinda a bummer...

3. Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

Also Very new to me (and not out yet), this phone appears to have just about everyting (but IrDA) Sportting the WM 6.1, optical joystick, and miniSD (unlike that memory stick crap sony usually dishes out), seems to be another contender. Just hope the processor can keep up. FM tuner is cool as well.

So folks, Who you voting for? Anyone actually USED any of these? Thoughts and commpents appreciated. The first two can be found on www.pdadb.net, while the Sony is featured on hxxp://www.cnet.com.au/mobilephones/pdaphones/0,239036203,339285786,00.htm
Old 04-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle
Re: Unlocked Dreams

the xperia will kill every phone hands down, it has everything and the resolution on the screen is amazing, 3.2 megapixel camera, wifi, gps, slide out keyboard, touchscreen, the list goes on and on... if it goes CDMA (sprint) then my touch is going on ebay instantly lol

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 04-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Metro pcs Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS
Threadstarter

caddydaddy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
the xperia will kill every phone hands down, it has everything and the resolution on the screen is amazing, 3.2 megapixel camera, wifi, gps, slide out keyboard, touchscreen, the list goes on and on... if it goes CDMA (sprint) then my touch is going on ebay instantly lol
I agree...thats who I was going to go with...any other opinions?
Old 04-17-2008, 03:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Rogers

reza miah is a n00b

XPERIA without a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Experience it...
Old 04-17-2008, 04:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

id go with the glofish or xperia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-26-2008, 04:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

I've always been a huge fan of SE, owned a lot of their phones in the past, w300, w900i, s700i, s700a, couple old school candybars. I'm definitely waiting for a sprint release that says Xperia, that'd make my week.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison