PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   samsung instinct vs. mogul (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23123)

ycats 04-14-2008 01:08 PM

Re: samsung instinct vs. mogul

We'll have to give it time...........the Instinct is a good start. Apple has iPhone 2.0 around the corner that's going to include some enhancements, so we should expect Samsung/Sprint to do the same down the road after it's initial release.

rjc 05-06-2008 06:26 PM

OK, so I'm new here and this is the precise question I'm asking myself. So what can you folks really do with your Moguls besides contacts, schedules, calendars, web browsing, etc. that you couldn't do with a web browsing phone? I tried a Mogul at the Sprint store. It couldn't post to forums. I don't know why. I could type in a message but pushing "submit" led to the application hanging. Of course I don't know if the same will happen on the Instinct. So what's on your Mogul that you use that the instinct can't do? Where am I likely to get wifi where the sprint network wont be available? Thanks.

jabu 05-07-2008 03:17 PM

Never buy Samsung. I would rather eat my own poo than pay money for another Samsung phone.

Success100 05-07-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabu (Post 274749)
Never buy Samsung. I would rather eat my own poo than pay money for another Samsung phone.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

i actually like samsung but that was stuupid funny!

Raceday11 06-11-2008 02:58 PM

This is silly, but two of the things I wanted were Sprint Cup Mobile and NFL Mobile and found out Mogul would not support these. I just got my Mogul two weeks ago and love what I have been able to figure out and use. I can't find anyone that can help me with the "hack" for Sprint Cup Mobile(most important) and NFL Mobile. Instinct is coming with Sprint Cup Mobile. What do I have on my Mogul or can add that the Instinct won't do? Have seen posts that it won't be good for web browsing but that is one of the big items they are advertising. HELP???

furiousgtz 06-11-2008 03:02 PM

I just don't Mogul users switching to instinct.

onthehunt 06-11-2008 03:25 PM

Here's some new links from Phone Dog using the Instinct he recently received. I like what I see so far. Have had the Mogul for a year now. Am sort of tired of dealing with the phone but love the touch screen. There are 3rd party apps being developed for the Instinct too which will enhance its functions. I think the Instinct will be a decent phone. Had a Samsung 920 before and it was a great phone at that time. Missed some of the Samsung features on my Mogul though. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Samsung.

http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-videos/default.aspx

unboxing-and-hands-on
http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-v...-hands-on.aspx

Basics and Phone Mode
http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-v...hone-mode.aspx

Messaging
http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-v...messaging.aspx

torinhill 06-25-2008 12:03 AM

Picked up my Instinct today.
I have happily hacked the $#!+ out of my 6700, but it was time for a change.
Bought my lady a Mogul, and was rather envious of it, since it had so many improvements over the ppc tank.

Walked out the door with my Instinct for $69. Transferred all of my contacts and I'm ready to go.

Good:

Movies without cracking livesearch
Voice Dialing
Phone interface
Visual Voicemail
Haptic controls
A legitimate (relative to PIE) browser
News Reader
Navigation

Crap:
Available apps = NUN
Web interface (zoom is poop)
Screen size (re: iPhone, obviously)
No syncing with the Mac
No Missing Sync on the horizon
Speed dial is a long list (no keypad associated with it.

Enjoying, it all told.
It won't beat the iPhone, but it definitely is the best phone I've used in years, kicking the other non-WM phones in the yarbles.

viwizard 06-25-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torinhill (Post 324878)
Picked up my Instinct today.
I have happily hacked the $#!+ out of my 6700, but it was time for a change.
Bought my lady a Mogul, and was rather envious of it, since it had so many improvements over the ppc tank.

Walked out the door with my Instinct for $69. Transferred all of my contacts and I'm ready to go.

Good:

Movies without cracking livesearch
Voice Dialing
Phone interface
Visual Voicemail
Haptic controls
A legitimate (relative to PIE) browser
News Reader
Navigation

Crap:
Available apps = NUN
Web interface (zoom is poop)
Screen size (re: iPhone, obviously)
No syncing with the Mac
No Missing Sync on the horizon
Speed dial is a long list (no keypad associated with it.

Enjoying, it all told.
It won't beat the iPhone, but it definitely is the best phone I've used in years, kicking the other non-WM phones in the yarbles.

$69????? Wow!!!!!

falzon03 06-25-2008 04:04 AM

69$ i doubt it....post a pic of your recipt to prove it......they already lowered the price an extra 70 to make it 129 and we have been told that they are almost out of stock already and sprint direct baught all the extras that the master dealers had so there are very few left....why would they work hard to make a deal with you when the next guy would come in and happily pay 130?

elateok 07-19-2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 238880)
I have the htc mogul right now but im interested in the instinct from samsung that sprint is releasing in June. Who knows about? and what do you know? lets hear all the pros and cons please!

just got it and so far its been a week and i love and hate it what it does is great and the calculator is fenominal but i mss the ability of the 6800 by htc

onthehunt 07-22-2008 07:35 PM

Have had my Instinct for a month now. Overall, I like the phone. I miss some things my Mogul did but am enjoying the peace and rest of not having to deal with Mogul issues.

I can watch TV and youtube without any problems, love the visual voicemail, GPS rocks, live search is awesome - just tell the phone what you want, i.e. food, electronic store, etc. and the phone locates a lot of those businesses in the area (looked up Mexican food and had over 120 restaurants to choose from in the one area I was in!), you can then call the business, do driving directions, etc., like threaded text messages, bluetooth headset works much better, call volume is great, like the call screen layout, could do without the slider features, would rather just tap desired icon, battery life is waaaayyyy better than my Mogul. Ironically, I like Mogul's calendar detail and contact detail better so I am using it as a PDA only, no data or phone usage, and the battery lasts a week and a half now. Web browser is sad though, but Opera Mini is working on a version for the Instinct. I miss Opera Mini, used it on my Mogul all the time and loved it.

I love that this phone is so damn easy to use! No more Windows Mobile to deal with. Seems like ROM updates for the Mogul are always a pain in the a#@. I look forward to receiving some great 3rd party apps in the near future which will make this phone even better. Great phone for the money!

mrtouch 07-26-2008 10:59 PM

i have the phone and i think the mogul is crap compared to the instinct.. STRAIGHT OUT!!!.. to many dumb *** freezing issues with mobile based phones i have had many from a treo to the mogul including the touch as u can see.. the only down fall from the mogul is that this dont hace wifi whoopi frickin do stop being cheap and get data plans ppl... and on that note start knoccin the dare oh wait its trash too....

jkubkd 12-20-2008 10:26 AM

You guys are making me feel like a d*ck for getting an instinct but my Apache is dead and I don't have the money for a Touch or TP :-(