PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 02:55 PM
N00b

Karot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Karot
I Need Some Valued PPCGeek Advice.

Well a little info first, I have had my Mogul since it came out and for awhile the screens white dots have been getting worse and worse and even is showing other discoloration around the dots.. It has gotten tothe point where I am going to bring it back to the store for a replacement.

Now here comes my question. Should I trade it in for another Mogul which I love? Or switch boats and go with either a Touch or a Treo 755p?

Pro and Con -
Touch - I love the fact that it has a huge amount of RAM compared to the Mogul. I am however weary about the lack of a keyboard for I am an avid texter.

Mogul - I love the windows OS and the keyboard. However the RAM kills me.

Treo 755p - Keyboard is always a good thing. I heard that the Palm OS is always solid, rarely bugs out or lags. Has intergrated threaded SMS [The Palm program on my Mogul often lags and is buggy]. I am however worried about the lack of customizing I can do. I also cannot use my loved Opera Mini browser.

I know in the end it is my choice. I would just like some input from everyone here.

-K
Old 04-01-2008, 02:58 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Re: I Need Some Valued PPCGeek Advice.

Moving this to the Phone Comparison forum.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Karot is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Karot

Did not even know we had one of these, Thankyou for moving.

My mistake.

-K
Old 04-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

stick with the mogul or wait till more info emerges on the treo 800... yet the touch has memory but so will every other phone that comes out going forward... pushing yourself into a touch would make it more difficult to upgrade to the next big thing when it hits.... plus i personally would never go keyboardless witha winmo device... the touch has like 3 buttons total...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
stick with the mogul or wait till more info emerges on the treo 800... yet the touch has memory but so will every other phone that comes out going forward... pushing yourself into a touch would make it more difficult to upgrade to the next big thing when it hits.... plus i personally would never go keyboardless witha winmo device... the touch has like 3 buttons total...
I would hold out if possible for the Treo 800w. My little birdie has told me to look for it in June. Device is in the can, they are working a little on the form factor. The specs that I have seen are IMPRESSIVE!!! If you are a texter stick with the Mogul or if you can hold out a couple of months the new Treo.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
this would NEVER FLY in touch land

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
this would NEVER FLY in touch land
Why dont you go fall in a lava pit Anakin, this here dont concern you!!
Old 04-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Why dont you go fall in a lava pit Anakin, this here dont concern you!!
mean, but funny

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison