PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
T-Mobile's best complement to the Titan?

I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks and I get a choice of a Blackberry or Windows Mobile-based phone, and the company's network of choice appears to be T-Mobile.

I'm somewhat torn on the Blackberry option, only because I have no experience with Blackberries, so it might be a good opportunity to round out some missing experience, and it could benefit me with the clients who use them. On the flip side I just plain know and like WM, so I'm still leaning toward that.

So what, in your opinion, would be the most complementary choice considering my personal phone is a Sprint Mogul? I know the Wing would be the physically most similar, but on the other hand maybe I should consider a different WM-based model that might give me a different experience? As well, and since PPCGeeks doesn't seem to have much of a focus on this phone, what T-Mobile phone has the most/best customization (ROMs, etc.) options available?
Old 03-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Re: T-Mobile's best complement to the Titan?

I'd get an unlocked tilt.

The wing sucks, and it's the only one with a similar form factor to the mogul that tmo sells.

JMO
Old 03-28-2008, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
I'd get an unlocked tilt.

The wing sucks, and it's the only one with a similar form factor to the mogul that tmo sells.

JMO

Ditto. I'd go for an unlocked Tilt... It would probably be the phone of choice for most Mogul users if it was available in CDMA.

Just think of it as a Mogul (GPS/keyboard) with a tilt screen (hence the name), more memory (IMO, the biggest plus), and a 3MP camera.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

customshopkv1 is a n00b

I had the Blackberry 8800 and the Wing. The Wing sucks. Get the 8800.

Previous Phones - Wing (T-Mobile), Blackberry 8800 (T-Mobile), Razr V3t
Old 03-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

I would go with the tilt or a Touch Two, with sliding keyboard..

Will
Old 03-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Moved to the Phone Comparison forum.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Timeless
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Can any of you point me to a good resource for how to convert the Tilt to T-Mobile? I have NO experience with GSM phones, SIM cards, and SIM unlocking. I can, and will, do plenty of research, but if anyone happens to know of a couple of smart starting places to give me a general idea, I'd be grateful. I'm not sure I can talk them into buying me an unlocked phone (I think they have discounts with T-Mobile), but I got the job specifically because one of the partners is a phone junkie and has a Wing running 6.1 and was impressed that I was also running 6.1 on my Mogul and felt that was a good sign of my technical skills. He frequently imports phones and hacks them, so I might be able to talk him into it.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Can any of you point me to a good resource for how to convert the Tilt to T-Mobile? I have NO experience with GSM phones, SIM cards, and SIM unlocking. I can, and will, do plenty of research, but if anyone happens to know of a couple of smart starting places to give me a general idea, I'd be grateful. I'm not sure I can talk them into buying me an unlocked phone (I think they have discounts with T-Mobile), but I got the job specifically because one of the partners is a phone junkie and has a Wing running 6.1 and was impressed that I was also running 6.1 on my Mogul and felt that was a good sign of my technical skills. He frequently imports phones and hacks them, so I might be able to talk him into it.
just buy a unlocked kaiser! same exact phone but already unlocked so you dont have to go through that

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

if you want to do the tilt it is a piece of cake to unlock over on xda they have a sim unlocker u have to have a att sim card but beyond that its easy I've done it was soo easy

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 03-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

blackberries are great with email, so setting that up can be easy, and the beauty of it is that you can put up to 10 personal and/or corporate email accounts in it. also you can piggyback your way into your company's server, but you have to find the right people who know how to do that.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison