PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 05:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: buying yet

john911 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Confused - Mogul - Touch - Palm

I with sprint and read so many reviews to the point I'm confused. with the recent updates on the mogul does this resolve many issues. I'm a heavy phone user with email not much of a texer but I use the internet often. I Like the Iphone Internet and the way it looks.

I prefer to put the phone in my pocket so size does matter somewhat.
Phone calls and Internet would be my main thing.

What software should I get for the mogul or touch

What do you guys think

John

Last edited by john911; 03-24-2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: I need to buy a new phone refering to the palm 755
Old 03-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch & Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

extremer is a n00b
Re: Confused - Mogul - Touch - Palm

My family has all of the three phones that you mention. I personally prefer the Mogul( which is what i have)...but what my dad has, the centro..its very nice! The user interface is simple and quick to get around to. The touch, I dislike due to the non-existence of a hard keyboard. So go for the mogul if you want to be able to customize and do that heavy phone stuff we all like to do. Centro, if you just want to be able to use a phone and all the apps inside it without a hassle. The Touch if you dont mind not having a keyboard.

Also it is a pain in the ******* to type emails with the touch, i know there are other apps to it but I personally found those to be even more pain....but thats just what i think.

Last edited by extremer; 03-24-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: gave him a little more info on the keyboarding =P
Old 03-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Palm OS is also great with media cause of a high resolution screen... you know, prettier pics that you find better than the quality from nay other device.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

sherv is becoming a great contributor

I moved from Palm OS to WM6 this past August after dabbling with Windows CE back in 1999...I'm never going back to POS unless they make some radical improvements. The GUI has not evolved one iota for over 10 years, multitasking is missing, blazer is a horrid horrid HORRID browser...and there are a number of idiosyncrasies that I am happy to abandon (although WM6 and 6.1 have their own share, naturally).

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison