PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!
Threadstarter

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Dont hate me, but im switching to the touch....

guess what? all this time, with two moguls, i couldnt tether my phone to my new laptop.....

the touch works!! i dont know where the drivers it installed are slightly different or what, but i have been connected to my laptop now, for about an hour, and not one disconnect, or lost connection...also pulled 1594 down, and 117 up. Not rev.a but so what its fast enough!! im giddy about this, i really dont miss wifi now! cuz i was using wmwifirouter from my mogul because it wouldnt tether. definately a keeper now!!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:26 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
guess what? all this time, with two moguls, i couldnt tether my phone to my new laptop.....

the touch works!! i dont know where the drivers it installed are slightly different or what, but i have been connected to my laptop now, for about an hour, and not one disconnect, or lost connection...also pulled 1594 down, and 117 up. Not rev.a but so what its fast enough!! im giddy about this, i really dont miss wifi now! cuz i was using wmwifirouter from my mogul because it wouldnt tether. definately a keeper now!!
What is your immediate impression as far as custom rom's, kitchens, etc. for the touch vs. the mogul.

It seems to me (after three weeks of experience and two days of looking over the touch upgrade forum) that there is some support over there.

If you have time, I'd also appreciate a little more feedback (whatever you can think of) on hard buttons, soft keys, etc.

I woke up this AM to my mogul with 3.24 mb of available memory ... I understand some of the SIG's now ... a soft reset a day, keeps the slow-downs away ... I have my T-Mobile dash with a few plugins, etc. and I can go weeks without soft-reset.

I have a week left in my 30-day trial. If I decide to try the touch, I may end up returning the whole mogul package and closing the account, just to keep things neat and tidy.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

congratulations Anakin (this will forever be your name from me), we're all glad that you're glad....

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-26-2008, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
What is your immediate impression as far as custom rom's, kitchens, etc. for the touch vs. the mogul.

It seems to me (after three weeks of experience and two days of looking over the touch upgrade forum) that there is some support over there.

If you have time, I'd also appreciate a little more feedback (whatever you can think of) on hard buttons, soft keys, etc.

I woke up this AM to my mogul with 3.24 mb of available memory ... I understand some of the SIG's now ... a soft reset a day, keeps the slow-downs away ... I have my T-Mobile dash with a few plugins, etc. and I can go weeks without soft-reset.

I have a week left in my 30-day trial. If I decide to try the touch, I may end up returning the whole mogul package and closing the account, just to keep things neat and tidy.
the thing is, the mogul section is still the biggest section here, but most of what goes on in the mogul section applies to the touch as well, because in a nutshell, they are pretty much the same phone. Honestly, out of the box, for the touch, no custom rom is needed, why? because it has enough ram, and the processor is much more efficient with more memory. I havent had one lock up or slowdown, and ask around, i beat my phones up when it comes to software. I am really beginning to appeciate this phone more and more by the minute. If you want more of my opinions, just pm me. I do miss the mogul ALOT, and i sacrificed some things i loved about it, for something smaller, that performs much much better.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

To celebrate your defection, I wanted to get you a t-shirt that says "went from trying to TOUCH chantelle...to TOUCHing myself!!" but from the looks of it, you prolly would'nt wear it... hehe you'd prolly put it on just to rip it off like Hulk Hogan used to....
Old 03-26-2008, 03:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
To celebrate your defection, I wanted to get you a t-shirt that says "went from trying to TOUCH chantelle...to TOUCHing myself!!" but from the looks of it, you prolly would'nt wear it... hehe you'd prolly put it on just to rip it off like Hulk Hogan used to....
lol damn right ur silly dude id hulk right out that sucka
Old 03-26-2008, 05:29 PM
N00b

Trag is a n00b

toodles..lol

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison