PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPRINT: GS2 vs Nexus Prime

With the Nexus Prime in the immediate future and the GS2 fix'n to be released what are the thoughts?

How does the "ice cream sandwich" OS stack up?

will the GS2 be upgradable to 4.0?

ETC...

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: SPRINT: GS2 vs Nexus Prime

well we still don't know if Nexus Prime will even make it to sprint...and if it does when...

ICS brings native multicore support for cellphones..

and obviously SGS2 will get it..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
well we still don't know if Nexus Prime will even make it to sprint...and if it does when...

ICS brings native multicore support for cellphones..

and obviously SGS2 will get it..

SGS 2 will get an ICS update, but of course there will be a delay.

the Nexus Prime ships stock ICS, and supposedly sports super amoled HD display with 720p resolution, and an TI 1.5ghz dual-core processor on a 4.5" screen, these specs are much preferred to the SGS2 with its WVGA resolution, inferior screen (I think), lower clock speed on either the exynos or snapdragon (whatever they use, I know the tmobile variant has a snapdragon)...

IMO you want the Nexus Prime if Sprint gets it, it will be Samsung's awesome hardware with raw aosp google code, so Samsung won't have a chance to screw the code up. Better raw specs and first updates. And it will be the only "Samsung" phone which might be able to run Sense.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

we will see how the screen turns out..so far the galaxy note is 5.5" pentile super amoled HD...whether or not they can fit that even with pentile into 4.5" is yet to be seen.

and why would nexus prime have a higher chance to load up sense?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
we will see how the screen turns out..so far the galaxy note is 5.5" pentile super amoled HD...whether or not they can fit that even with pentile into 4.5" is yet to be seen.

and why would nexus prime have a higher chance to load up sense?
we'll see.

@ Sense, because the Nexus S is the only Samsung phone I have ever seen actually running it and currently with a real dev project to get a good full port. So I'm just going off the fact that maybe a new aosp stock samsung device could get an ICS sense port at some point.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:24 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

im at sprint store now and from what im looking at prime will be on sprint but after they launch iphony in October. im holding out for prime for ics and faster updates. plus i just bread this.
Samsung Galaxy S II logs confirm NFC support for AT&T, none for Sprint -- Engadget

new GS2 price: Samsung Epic 4G Touch for Sprint - Wirefly Friends and Family Store
Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
im at sprint store now and from what im looking at prime will be on sprint but after they launch iphony in October. im holding out for prime for ics and faster updates. plus i just bread this.
Samsung Galaxy S II logs confirm NFC support for AT&T, none for Sprint -- Engadget

new GS2 price: Samsung Epic 4G Touch for Sprint - Wirefly Friends and Family Store
Sprint is getting the galaxy s2 so I doubt they will get the prime. If they do then Sprint is really moving forward. Either way if you qualify for upgrade then I would wait. The future looks bright for Android and Sprint.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
Old 09-06-2011, 09:35 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
Sprint is getting the galaxy s2 so I doubt they will get the prime. If they do then Sprint is really moving forward. Either way if you qualify for upgrade then I would wait. The future looks bright for Android and Sprint.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
Well I see things some people dont at sprint store since my friend owns it and prime was in there system and no I cant show picture of stores pc showing proof. No clue why you think sprint would not have both phones considering nexus s 4g is there and there done making them but your call.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 09-06-2011 at 09:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Well I see things some people dont at sprint store since my friend owns it and prime was in there system and no I cant show picture of stores pc showing proof. No clue why you think sprint would not have both phones considering nexus s 4g is there and there done making them but your call.
If this is indeed the case I'm still getting the GS2 cause I'm tired of my EVO 3D (Or anything HTC for that matter) but will be selling it the moment the Prime drops...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison