PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

TAP135 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone list that do not require data plans?

Hi,

I need to replace my old Treo 800w with a new phone. I do not have a data plane so I need a phone that does not require one.

does anyone have a list of phones that do not require data plans?

Thanks
Old 08-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Phone list that do not require data plans?

all the older feature phones. if u dont want to pay a whole lot but still want a smartphone u can consider going to a prepaid carrier such as cricket,metroPCS or boost/virgin mobile.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Also, on GSM this is easier, just get another carrier's phone and unlock it.

If you want to stay on Sprint maybe any WinMo phone?
Old 08-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Threadstarter

TAP135 is a n00b

Thanks for the replies.

@eric, I don't know what the feature phones are? I just want a smart phone that can do apps without the data plan.

@orangekid, what's GSM? I will look into the WinMo.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2011, 09:22 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.732 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

GSM is another type of network. At&t and t-mo are GSM carriers. Sprint and verizon uses the CDMA network. GSM phones uses SIM cards and CDMA does not.

Changing phones when you're carrier is GSM is a lot easier because as long as the phone you buy is sim unlocked (regardless which carrier its made for), all you have to do is pop in your sim card and voila!...you're good to go. We don't have that capability on CDMA phones.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison