PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 06:59 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone returning their EVO 3D for the Photon 4G?

Guess I'm not bumping this thread too much ...

Haven't posted here for awhile - traveling, work, the big C in the family, making new friends and ignoring & alienating old friends. Such is life.

Anyway, I just bought a Photon yesterday (wife has the EVO 3D, daughter has the EVO 4G; both happy since neither were more than 2 or 3 months old).

Reason for the Photon - GSM capability. I used my Touch Pro 2 in India, and want to be able to use GSM SIM cards in my Android phone next time I'm in Asia.

Also, noticed in the store that the Photon had noticeably faster network speed (3G). I've never had solid voice service from Sprint where I live - I 'think' the Photon is going to work better than my last several HTC phones.

And, my 30-day window for the Photon will cover the SGS2 release.

Last edited by willysp; 09-06-2011 at 07:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison