PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Question - Samsung Hercules vs SGS2

Why is Samsung rocking a snapdragon dual-core over the exynos the SGS2 uses?

It's pretty funny actually I really like snapdragon over the exynos because although they perform similarly in areas (not bogged down by bad Sensation drivers) there is more overall support for the snapdragon as far as games and stuff. The Hercules has a giant 4.5" WVGA SAMOLED+ with the snapdragon dual core, so it will actually probably have better battery life too since the APQ8060 runs asynchronous cores.

For me the Hercules seems like the ultimate phone coming out soon. I just think it's funny that a Samsung phone is rocking a snapdragon, never thought I'd see that but I am seriously thinking about getting this over the Sensation.

Thoughts?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Question - Samsung Hercules vs SGS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Why is Samsung rocking a snapdragon dual-core over the exynos the SGS2 uses?

It's pretty funny actually I really like snapdragon over the exynos because although they perform similarly in areas (not bogged down by bad Sensation drivers) there is more overall support for the snapdragon as far as games and stuff. The Hercules has a giant 4.5" WVGA SAMOLED+ with the snapdragon dual core, so it will actually probably have better battery life too since the APQ8060 runs asynchronous cores.

For me the Hercules seems like the ultimate phone coming out soon. I just think it's funny that a Samsung phone is rocking a snapdragon, never thought I'd see that but I am seriously thinking about getting this over the Sensation.

Thoughts?
Same reason why some SGS2 in some countries will come with a Tegra 2..Samsung cannot meet the large demand thus they use other processors..same happened when they went low on Super AMOLED supply and started using Super LCD in some places.

Though to tell you Samsung is not the best at making drivers either for 3rd party stuff..they make good drivers for their own products but subpar for others..like the sound chipset in the original SGS, they didn't tap into the true potential of the chipset hence community had to do drivers.

As for energy Exynos also does asynchronous clocking of the dual core...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Question - Samsung Hercules vs SGS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
As for energy Exynos also does asynchronous clocking of the dual core...
that's not what I heard.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison