PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Oh No! Is anyone with 3D going to Samsung S II ??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145972)

yankees45us 07-25-2011 08:08 AM

I used the epic back when I had my evo 4g and although the samsung had a better screen and sometimes smoother running processor I still kept my evo. My evo never gave me any problems. Now that I have 3d I have a qhd screen instead of amoled which fixes that issue plus a faster processor. Plus htc has faster updates and I've always liked the look of htc hardware more than samsung. Don't get me wrong, I would gladly use sgs2 but right now I've been happy with htc and don't plan on changing anytime soon.

Sent from my EVO 3D using PPCGEEKS Android App

Clipp 07-25-2011 10:07 AM

Re: Oh No! Is anyone with 3D going to Samsung S II ???

I still have an EVO and Epic... both great devices actually. Not sure why there's so much hate for the Epic. I could understand preferring the EVO (because I did), but the Epic is a solid phone too. At least it can run the more impressive live wallpapers and games without lagging. Plus you can actually take pics with the Epic and not throw up at the results...

Hardware-wise, the EVO had just as many issues (if not more) than the Epic. HTC quality control completely sucks, yet they get a pass because they've been a leader for so long. Samsung got a lot of flack for their software updating fiasco, but you have to believe they'll eventually come around and deliver on-time with future devices. Their jump in the market sort of came out of nowhere withe the Galaxy S line. That couldn't have been an easy transition for them. Now they're selling arguably the hottest phone right now in the GS2... they'll get it right on the updating side of the equation.

Anyway, if Sprint keeps the slim design and Exynos processor, then I may get the GS2 on my second line. I'm wondering if Samsung will throw in Tegra 2 chips for the US variants tho... that would make the phone significantly less attractive imo. Still keeping the E3D even if I get one.

meccadon123 07-25-2011 10:26 AM

I own the 58 inch 3d tv by Samsung...I own the 3d Blu-ray player...i have the top dog samsung home theater....i also have the samsung rf710 laptop that i'm using to type this(very nice for the price)...that said...when it comes to their phones...i can't do it..it takes more than a "pretty display" to impress me. HTC makes an all around more impressive phone. For what it's worth I switched all my home theater components to samsung from SONY!!! That's how impressed i am with the overall name brand SAMSUNG...but their phones?....not so much..

ppcgpirate 07-25-2011 12:20 PM

i'm taking a wait and see approach. returned my evo3d on friday (liked the phone a lot but it had a few problems).

w7excursion 07-25-2011 02:40 PM

Samsung couldnt get flip phones right. Wouldn't ever want one of their wacked out "smart" phones lol. Who sells more phones again? I do love my samsung led tv but not the green overscan line when on the smooth setting.

tacotime 07-25-2011 03:12 PM

I have had numerous HTC phones within 2 weeks of their release. The list is as follows: 6700; 6800' touch; touch pro; touch pro II. The main reason that i used HTC phones was the scribe feature that only HTC phones used. When the EVO came out at the same time the EPIC came out, the HTC did not put the scribe feature ont the EVO. Since I have a disability in my hands, it is hard for me to use on screen keybords. So I switch brands to the EPIC because of the the keyboard. I really liked the EPIC. I feel that I am qualified to compare the EPIC vs. the HTC line. I never had any of the problems that other people were saying they were having. The EPIC was every bit as good as any of my HTC phones were. Before I started using HTC phones, I only used Samsung phones and never had anycomplaints.

I took my phone to a Sprint service center because the micro port had become loose and would not charge. There was a small crack in the upper left and Spint said that it was damged and they could not repair it. So after telling the retention dept that (nice old school trick) was canceling my 5 lines, they gave me a $100 credit and told me I could use the $150 upgrade from one of my other lines to replace my phone.

Having $250 worth of "paper" money, I took a look at the EVO 3D. the one feature that sold me was the FM Radio tuner. Yes, the EPIC did not support any of the market FM Tuner apps. However, the EVO 3D did. So I went back to the HTC brand. It was like going back to one of your old girlfiends; it just felt right. And yes, the scirbe feature is still not available...

I quess the comparision is on the same level as are you a MAC or PC person? Whatever you feel comfortable with.

w7excursion 07-25-2011 03:34 PM

I'm going to to buy another 3d. Add them together and I have 6d's.

Riley 07-25-2011 05:04 PM

Moved to Phone comparison. Thanks.

gTen 07-25-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speeeddemon99 (Post 2131559)
Yes I actually used the Samsung epic.... I also actually used the Samsung galaxy S on T-Mobile. Only thing i DID like about them the screens were awesome. But the EVO 3D fixed that. When i had my EVO 4G the ppl with the Samsung phones liked it better. BTW its almost 2012 who uses phones with physical keyboards nowadays?!?! LMAO sorry I had to. Samsung LED TVs are awesome tho!!

People who actually do work on their phone? I remote connect to manage servers..using a software keyboard eats away half the screen which is unacceptable...and looking for certain characters and copy and paste is a drag on software keyboards..hardware keyboards are VITAL for professional use.

That said, Epic is an awesome phones..I used it stock for month with little to no issues...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacotime (Post 2131736)
I took my phone to a Sprint service center because the micro port had become loose and would not charge. There was a small crack in the upper left and Spint said that it was damged and they could not repair it. So after telling the retention dept that (nice old school trick) was canceling my 5 lines, they gave me a $100 credit and told me I could use the $150 upgrade from one of my other lines to replace my phone.

If you still have that Epic, contact Samsung directly..they should repair it...Then you can keep it as a spare..

Quote:

Having $250 worth of "paper" money, I took a look at the EVO 3D. the one feature that sold me was the FM Radio tuner. Yes, the EPIC did not support any of the market FM Tuner apps. However, the EVO 3D did. So I went back to the HTC brand. It was like going back to one of your old girlfiends; it just felt right. And yes, the scirbe feature is still not available...
The Epic had the FM Tuner locked by Sprint, its there just not working due to sprint locking it..I hear some roms were able to get it to work on some phones..

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 2131766)
Moved to Phone comparison. Thanks.

I was about to do that >.> lol..oh well..

aceNOLO 07-25-2011 10:02 PM

I have a Samsung TV. That's it.. HTC makes better phones, plain and simple. Switching from An Evo 3d to ANY Samsung device is like buying a v12 aston martin and then trading it in for a v8 because it was too fast! ha! the best analogy I could come up with.