PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RAM update
Carrier: sprint

DongaMogudu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP2 to Verizon droid pro?

Hi,
Few days back, I have replaced rumor touch with used TP2 for my sprint corporate account. Then immediately, there is a small chance I can try moving to Verizon. I am eligible to get Droid pro from Verizon. Droid pro seems to be the best choice available (LG Ally, Bold) to me if my company agree to move me to Verizon. Is Droid Pro significant upgrade for giving up TP2. Is it worth pursing this opportunity.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:07 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP2 to Verizon droid pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DongaMogudu View Post
Hi,
Few days back, I have replaced rumor touch with used TP2 for my sprint corporate account. Then immediately, there is a small chance I can try moving to Verizon. I am eligible to get Droid pro from Verizon. Droid pro seems to be the best choice available (LG Ally, Bold) to me if my company agree to move me to Verizon. Is Droid Pro significant upgrade for giving up TP2. Is it worth pursing this opportunity.
The Droid Pro should be a significant upgrade..but if you can I would suggest holding off a bit..

Motorola Droid 3 Details, Review & Hands-On Video Roundup

I mean..can you say no to dual core?

but I woudnt wait passed the tiered data deadline though..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DongaMogudu is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The Droid Pro should be a significant upgrade..but if you can I would suggest holding off a bit..

Motorola Droid 3 Details, Review & Hands-On Video Roundup

I mean..can you say no to dual core?

but I woudnt wait passed the tiered data deadline though..
Thanks for the feedback. I only got few options to choose if i am allowed to move to Verizon (droid pro, lg ally, bold).
How small Pro screen when compared to TP2 for multimedia usage, browsing and checking mails.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I only got few options to choose if i am allowed to move to Verizon (droid pro, lg ally, bold).
How small Pro screen when compared to TP2 for multimedia usage, browsing and checking mails.
I dont know how well its for multimedia because its not exactly a multimedia phone...it has 3.1 inch screen that is HVGA resolution..320x480..browsing should be good though as it has a 1ghz TI OMAP processor...Email should work fine too...
Old 06-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DongaMogudu is a n00b

Quote:
I dont know how well its for multimedia because its not exactly a multimedia phone...it has 3.1 inch screen that is HVGA resolution..320x480..browsing should be good though as it has a 1ghz TI OMAP processor...Email should work fine too...
I am checking with our 3rd party vendor to see what kind of plan they are offering with Droid Pro and cost. As of now, I have limited data plan with sprint for TP2. My navigation works fine. TP2 screen is very good for listening/watching on youtube during gym/travelling. Does Droid Pro hot stop work with any data plan for me to pair a cheap tablet / TP2.

Last edited by DongaMogudu; 06-22-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:10 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
I am checking with our 3rd party vendor to see what kind of plan they are offering with Droid Pro and cost. As of now, I have limited data plan with sprint for TP2. My navigation works fine. TP2 screen is very good for listening/watching on youtube during gym/travelling. Does Droid Pro hot stop work with any data plan for me to pair a cheap tablet / TP2.
You can see hotspot on all stuff, just gotta know how..for example, if you buy a cheap android tablet, by default it does not accept adhoc networks..if you root it and install a custom wpa_supplicant it will be able to connect to adhoc networks. Though if you plan to pay for tethering, the default app should be infrastructure
Old 06-23-2011, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DongaMogudu is a n00b

Quote:
You can see hotspot on all stuff, just gotta know how..for example, if you buy a cheap android tablet, by default it does not accept adhoc networks..if you root it and install a custom wpa_supplicant it will be able to connect to adhoc networks. Though if you plan to pay for tethering, the default app should be infrastructure
I have tested youtube and browser on TP2. All of them are working fine on with Sprint. TP2 screen is very good. Navigation is very slow though. How old and inferior TP2 hardware compared to Droid Pro. Will TP2 processor, Hardware and OS suffice for basic multimedia, office usage.

Last edited by DongaMogudu; 06-23-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:33 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
I have tested youtube and browser on TP2. All of them are working fine on with Sprint. TP2 screen is very good. Navigation is very slow though. How old and inferior TP2 hardware compared to Droid Pro. Will TP2 processor, Hardware and OS suffice for basic multimedia, office usage.
The processor in the TP2 is like 5-6 years old.....The omap processor is around 2 years old.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison