PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Arrive (WP7) vs Touch Pro2 (Android) edit: now with VIDEO!

video link! 1080p?!

YouTube - Sprint HTC Arrive VS Touch Pro2 Android FRX06 LCD Comparison

A bit OT, but I went into the store to see what kind of comparison they were (since they have similar screens (3.6", 800x480), build, etc...). I should have gotten the EVO Shift also

Last edited by AkumaX; 04-16-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: HTC Arrive (WP7) vs Touch Pro2 (Android)

moved to a better home.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Old 03-26-2011, 06:25 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

is this a comparison of screens? if so looks like your tp2 has a screen protector judging by the light reflecting off it...that kinda makes it hard to judge.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-28-2011, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

not exactly, more like showing how they both have a 3.6" 800x480 lcd (the arrive probably has a better panel though). also how they both have similar keyboards, size, etc...

if anyone's interested, since i actually did just get an arrive, i can do more photos :P
Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaX View Post
not exactly, more like showing how they both have a 3.6" 800x480 lcd (the arrive probably has a better panel though). also how they both have similar keyboards, size, etc...

if anyone's interested, since i actually did just get an arrive, i can do more photos :P
I dont know about the better panel :/...it seems to me the screen protector is causing a lot of reflection thus making the quality worse...it might be that the Arrive has better screen too but there is no doubt that in the picture the screen protector is effecting the TP2 screen quality..

I do notice it has a bigger kb though size wise as TP2 slid out part way and this goes full way.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I do notice it has a bigger kb though size wise as TP2 slid out part way and this goes full way.
That pic is an illusion, kb size is the same as the TP2. Your spot on about the arrive kb sliding out all the way. Opens up full access to the top row. I rarely tilted my TP2 kb for that reason.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I dont know about the better panel :/...it seems to me the screen protector is causing a lot of reflection thus making the quality worse...it might be that the Arrive has better screen too but there is no doubt that in the picture the screen protector is effecting the TP2 screen quality..

I didn't mean to compare the screen quality via the screen protectors, lol. I mean, the TP2 3.6" lcd panel is roughly 2 yrs old, and the HTC Arrive just came out. I doubt they're using the same 2 year old panel (the Arrive is multi-touch/capacitive!), and I could tell that the colors look a bit more vibrant on the Arrive.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:34 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
That pic is an illusion, kb size is the same as the TP2. Your spot on about the arrive kb sliding out all the way. Opens up full access to the top row. I rarely tilted my TP2 kb for that reason.
Yeah, same..only reason I used the tilt feature is to show off or give it to a friend then twist it while its in their hands and tell them they broke it :P lol...but otherwise that locking of the top row was the reason I never used the tilt feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaX View Post
I didn't mean to compare the screen quality via the screen protectors, lol. I mean, the TP2 3.6" lcd panel is roughly 2 yrs old, and the HTC Arrive just came out. I doubt they're using the same 2 year old panel (the Arrive is multi-touch/capacitive!), and I could tell that the colors look a bit more vibrant on the Arrive.
Um...you'd be surprised...>.>..its HTC we are talking about..the same company that gave us 3 year outdated hardware over and over...(Its cheaper for them to buy outdated stuff and they can reuse it in other devices...)

That said I never had a problem with the TP2 screen overall :/..but if its not Super LCD or Super AMOLED or IPS, don't expect miracles in quality gain...

PS. touch sensor makes no difference...as its added in layers, so you can use same LCD for resistive or capacitive screen..thats the digitizer thats capacitive or resistive.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

another comparison is the TP2 is standard TFT LCD while the arrive is SLCD.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison