PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for a good Sprint Android device. Suggestions?

Since Sprint is going to allow Android on SERO in October, I am looking for a good Android device.

Yeah, yeah... Theres the EVO and Epic, but I dont want a 4G phone right now since there is no 4G in my area and I dont want to pay the additional $10 for 4G devices.

So, what other good Android devices do you guys suggest? I currently have a Touch Pro 2, and I do run Android on it occasionally.

I have looked at Hero's, but the screen is a bit smaller than my TP2 and I dont really like the trackball.

Thanks for all suggestions!

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 08-25-2010, 11:29 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Looking for a good Sprint Android device. Suggestions?

Thats a tough one...all the other phones other then the EVO and EPIC are sub-par to junk at best...not saying anything wrong but to really take advantage of a phone a 1ghz processor makes a lot of difference..

The android phones on sprint are:
Epic - $10 fee
EVO - $10 fee
Motorola i1 - iDen phone..
Samsung Intercept - pretty much a samsung moment with a few modifications
Hero - no keyboard
Samsung Moment - a keyboard phone

Really not much to choose from :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Linux Administrator
Threadstarter

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Yeah, I was really hoping that a 100% functional rom would be released for the TP2 that didnt require booting from winmo to start. But that doesnt look like its happening

Didn't think about the Moment and Intercept. I really like the EVO, but no keyboard is a downer for me, so I have been waiting on the Epic to hit the stores so I can go get a feel for it. I still don't know if its worth the extra fees.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Yeah, I was really hoping that a 100% functional rom would be released for the TP2 that didnt require booting from winmo to start. But that doesnt look like its happening

Didn't think about the Moment and Intercept. I really like the EVO, but no keyboard is a downer for me, so I have been waiting on the Epic to hit the stores so I can go get a feel for it. I still don't know if its worth the extra fees.
If it is not you can always return it within 30 days..so whats the worst that can happen?
Old 08-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Linux Administrator
Threadstarter

yeah good point. I wonder if returning the phone would cause any "damage" to the SERO plan. Like not being able to return it back to the $30 per month charges.

Also, at this point, I highly doubt Sprint will release any new non-4G phones, so it may be all in vain. LOL.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:08 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
yeah good point. I wonder if returning the phone would cause any "damage" to the SERO plan. Like not being able to return it back to the $30 per month charges.

Also, at this point, I highly doubt Sprint will release any new non-4G phones, so it may be all in vain. LOL.
They will release none 4g phones but they will most likely be under 1ghz...

There are 2 things you can do..

1) Make a new plan and return it in 30 days anyways..if you like it then add it to your sero

2) My guess is though it will be an Addon..one for $10 and another for $10..so all youll have to do is remove the addon..but thats just a guess...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I myself have the evo only because it's 1ghz and official 2.2 froyo. If htc comes out with a 1ghz 3g android phone I will leave my evo for that. 4g is not a seller your me yet. I'm paying extra $10 for nothing since I don't have 4g yet. I'm actually switching back to my samsung m610 till my corporate discount becomes effective. I hate paying $10 for nothing.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Linux Administrator
Threadstarter

Yeah, I just dunno about paying for the extra $20 it would take to get my SERO up to EVO or Epic Compatibility.
I think right now, I am going to wait till the Epic hits the stores, then go play with it for a while and see how it is compared to the EVO. Then if it strikes me as pure awesome, I may end up getting one or the other and dealing with the crazy fees.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison