PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung Epic vs TP2

Since most post I have seen recently have other phone models beside the TP2 in the TP2 forum i decided to jump in also. Anyone going to jump ship for the new Samsung epic with keyboard? Is it somewhat the same as a TP2 but android? Will we finally have sound on our TP2 xandroid builds? or fully functional android for that matter? would be interesting to see peoples' opinions/comments. thanks.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Samsung Epic vs TP2

Thread moved to the Phone Comparison forum
Old 07-21-2010, 09:24 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I like the epic but I think i will stick with my evo for now. It serves its purpose.

CW

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Old 08-08-2010, 11:15 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Since most post I have seen recently have other phone models beside the TP2 in the TP2 forum i decided to jump in also. Anyone going to jump ship for the new Samsung epic with keyboard? Is it somewhat the same as a TP2 but android? Will we finally have sound on our TP2 xandroid builds? or fully functional android for that matter? would be interesting to see peoples' opinions/comments. thanks.
We will have sound eventually on our phones..while I do like the TP2 and use it..the Epic is in a league of its own...(can you guess I plan on getting one lol)...

I suggest going into a T-mobile store or a AT&T store and looking at the T-Mobile Vibrant and AT&T Captivate...the Epic will be just like that but have a front facing camera, Camera flash, a keyboard and notification lights..and obviously 4g....it also grants wishes

If android is what you want..the Epic is the way to go!

On a minor note, the above screenshot comparison is not 100% accurate...example..the Epic has 1gb rom..not 512mb..also it says that it has an A8 cortex 1ghz which is true but it has a modified one galled the 1ghz Hummingbird + SGX540 GPU..also it forgets to mention some of the sensors it has like compass and a six-axis gyroscope..it also "Should have" Bluetooth 3.0

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 08-08-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:25 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
We will have sound eventually on our phones..while I do like the TP2 and use it..the Epic is in a league of its own...(can you guess I plan on getting one lol)...

I suggest going into a T-mobile store or a AT&T store and looking at the T-Mobile Vibrant and AT&T Captivate...the Epic will be just like that but have a front facing camera, Camera flash, a keyboard and notification lights..and obviously 4g....it also grants wishes
The main thing that has me is the processor. but its supposedly coming with 2.1 so that would be a downfall.

CW
Old 08-08-2010, 11:31 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
The main thing that has me is the processor. but its supposedly coming with 2.1 so that would be a downfall.

CW
On the Galaxy S we already have custom roms running Froyo...its not JIT accelerated but by the time the Epic comes out...I'm sure we will get a Froyo rom in a day or 2...

That said..looking at these benchmarks...even eclair does nto look too bad: (The your device is a Galaxy S running 2.1 with minor tweaks and no overclocking)

Old 08-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
On the Galaxy S we already have custom roms running Froyo...its not JIT accelerated but by the time the Epic comes out...I'm sure we will get a Froyo rom in a day or 2...

That said..looking at these benchmarks...even eclair does nto look too bad: (The your device is a Galaxy S running 2.1 with minor tweaks and no overclocking)

that doesn't make sense.

"Epic" (galaxy S) owns the Nexus which owns the galaxy S? lol
Old 08-09-2010, 08:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
that doesn't make sense.

"Epic" (galaxy S) owns the Nexus which owns the galaxy S? lol
The lower Galaxy S is before the I/O fix and a beta build..the "your device" is a galaxy S with new I/O fix...speaking of IO fixes..check out XDA for a new I/O fix that doesn't use the SD card and lets you get 2200 score on your vibrant...
Old 08-11-2010, 01:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jmsnyc is a n00b

also noteworthy, based on the comparison above, it appears the Epic does not have world phone (gsm) capabilities...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison